Bank Healthcare Worker
Meriden, Coventry, West Midlands, England
- £ 9.06 - 9.06 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Nov 2020
- 12 Dec 2020
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Woodland View is a 31 bedded rehabilitation and recovery service for adult males. We offer a positive environment to stabilise the symptoms of mental illness, and develop positive self-management and independent skills for a successful discharge into the community.
We have a dedicated Occupational Therapy service offering real working opportunities and pet therapy, amongst many other benefits within our monitored programme we offer a number of benefits on site including:-
Free meals for all staff
Monthly staff appreciation events
CPD training and development for all staff
Access to Priory benefits including pension scheme amongst many other benefits
Are you an enthusiastic individual who is committed to helping people become the best they can by achieving their goals?
Do you enjoy a challenge?
We are currently interviewing for a healthcare worker.
-Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed or delegated to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Ensure service users are gaining a quality service
The ideal candidate will be able to desmonstrate
- Understanding the need for strict confidentiality
- Basic IT literacy
- No specific experience required.
The nature of the role necessitates frequent interaction with staff, patients and visitors on the ward involving the regular
exchange of routine information in person and over the telephone. Well-developed observational and listening skills are
essential for monitoring the mental, emotional and physical wellbeing of patients.
The problems faced by patients may present difficult and challenging situations, which may heighten the physical, sensory and emotional demands of the role.
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.