Reading, Berkshire, England
- £ 0.0 - 0.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 Nov 2020
- 5 Dec 2020
We are looking for Medical Secretaries to join our bank to provide efficient administration secretarial support to the Medical Secretaries, assisting in the smooth running of the office. Initiate tasks and prioritise work under the guidance of the secretaries.
Our team of bank medical secretaries provide cover during annual leave, sickness and high volume periods. Working as part of our bank team will suit someone who would does not need set hours per week/month and would like a degree of flexibility with regards to hours/days required to work.
- To answer telephone queries, allay fears and refer to Consultants as necessary. Arranging New Patient appointments and registering them using an In-house database using Practice Manager and SAP.
- Provide new patients with specific information relating to their appointment with regards to potential Hospital and Consultant fees.
- Type up clinic letters using digital or audio tape dictation from Consultant's clinic in a timely manner, arranging future follow up appointments using currently paper diaries for each Consultant, prior to moving to an electronic diary system.
- Assist with preparation of future clinics, chasing results, ensuring that clinics are complete and ready for the next Consultant clinic day. Updating and amending as necessary future clinics on behalf of the Consultants.
- Chase patient results & ensure ready for consultant to review prior to, or at next appointment.
- Type discharge summaries dictated by Consultants as required.
- Produce medical reports where necessary for Medical Insurers to approve treatment.
- Maintain patient records securely as per Hospital Policy in line with data protection act.
This role would not suit someone who requires permanent, regular hours as it is to provide cover in departments as and when required.
This job was posted to Health care administration in Reading, Berkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankSkipton, North Yorkshire, England
Job description HCL Workforce Solutions, a market leading healthcare recruitment agency is looking for ambitious, highly motivated,...