Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
- £ 17265.85 - 17265.85 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Nov 2020
- 2 Dec 2020
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Grafton House is Community Rehabilitation for the continuation of neuro behavioural rehabilitation in a community setting to prepare the residents for living independently.
Grafton House is looking for a Community Support Assistant who will be part of an experienced team in community houses for people with acquired brain injuries.
Our Community Support Assistant role involves:
* Ensuring record keeping is complete and in line with the therapeutic treatment approach
* Participating in maintaining the physical and environmental safety of the houses to ensure the safety of all.
* Taking a positive approach to the management of undesirable behaviours
* Consistent application of the neuro behavioural approach within the houses
* Engaging in supervision and completing regulatory and compliance training
* Promoting independence and encouraging resident involvement in their rehabilitation through effective communication and engagement
* Applying the therapeutic timetable as directed by the team
* Developing and maintaining a therapeutic relationship with residents within appropriate professional boundaries
* Undertaking the role of key worker with the support of the Care Co-ordinator
* Ensuring that core hospital policies are adhered to
* Treating others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness
* Acting as a positive role model and reflection of the service at all times to others
* Communicating effectively with the team
* Completion of Care Certificate
* Driving License desirable
* Experience in a previous role desirable
* Good team player
* Flexible and adaptable
* Good communicator
* Responsible and trustworthy
* Proactive in managing situations
* Positive problem-solving skills
* The drive to learn and develop
* A commitment to patient-centred care
This role will require Breakaway training
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.