Redbridge, London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 17 Oct 2020
- 15 Nov 2020
1. Responsible for taking meal orders from patients and visitors on a daily basis.
2. Observe all dietary requirements as identified on nurses list and ensure patients menu choice is compatible.
3. Is fully aware of all available choices and refers patients requirements to the Hotel Services Supervisor or HSM.
4. Responsible for the service of food and beverages to patients and visitors.
5. Responsible for presentations of patients trays as per patient tray policy.
6. Ensure that food is correctly positioned on the patients tray in order that the patient may eat comfortable and safely.
7. Convey compliments and complaints relating to food and food services to Hotel Services Supervisor or HSM.
8. Report to nursing staff patients who may be experiencing eating difficulties e.g. poor appetite, difficulty in swallowing or chewing.
9. Responsible for the prompt collection of all used trays, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
10. Responsible for offering and serving refreshments before and after a meal as required at patients or visitors requests.
1. Ensures that all crockery and cutlery is presented to the patient clean and undamaged.
2. Reports all incidents of damage to stock and equipment to the Hotel Services Supervisor.
3. Reports all incidents of loss of stock or equipment to the Hotel Services Supervisor.
4. Responsible for washing, drying and putting away of returned trays, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
5. Ensures the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the pantry in compliance with hygiene training.
6. Ensures cleaning jobs are completed and signed for in accordance with cleaning schedules and procedures.
7. Responsible for the return to the main kitchen of all equipment as appropriate on a daily basis.
8. Responsible for replenishment of stock within the pantry to a designated level.
9. Responsible for recording all information related to movement of stock, food, alcohol, and beverages as is deemed necessary by the Hotel Services Supervisor or HSM.
A. The Ward hostess/host will be directly involved with patients. At all times she/he must be neat and tidy and wear uniform as per uniform policy.
B. Standards of personal hygiene must be of the highest calibre at all times.
C. His/her work will involve close liaison with nursing staff and he/she will be complimentary to their team.
D. Any other duties that may be required from time to time and as instructed by the Hotel Services Supervisor or HSM.
Who we're looking for
- Previous catering experience
- Food hygiene certificate (desirable
- Team Player with excellent communication skills
Contract Type: Bank
We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness or annual leave.
This job was posted to - Other health care in Redbridge, London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30000.0 - 38000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentCroydon, London, Greater London, England
Endoscopy Practitioner - RGN / ODP - Private Hospital £30,000-£38,000 + Private Medical Insurance, Pension, Generous Annual Leave &...
£ 34000.0 - 45000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Theatre Practitioner - Mobile Surgical Unit - RGN / ODP UK Wide - Mobile Position ...
£ 50000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Business Development Manager - Community Mental Health Up to £50,000 p/a + mileage, bonus scheme, 10 days sick pay and more London ...