Speciality Doctor – Adult Psychiatry
Crawley, West Sussex, England
- £ 80000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 15 Oct 2020
- 15 Nov 2020
Up to £80,000 p/a | 37.5 Hours 9am – 5pm | Low & Medium Secure – General Adult Psychiatry
A specialist low and medium secure mental health unit in the Crawley area currently requires a Specialty Doctor (non-consultant grade) to join their clinical team.
The hospital has low, medium and general adult wards and you will predominantly work on the general adult wards and will play a key role in the multi-disciplinary team. You will be provided with secretarial support.
Details of the vacancy for a Speciality Doctor in Adult Psychiatry, and what the hospital is offering:
• A permanent contract to work 37.5 hours per week, working 9am to 5pm
• You may be required to participate in the on-call rota, but this will be discussed at interview
• A great annual salary of £80,000
• 30 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• A group pension plus life insurance
• Ongoing learning and development opportunities, employee assistance programmes and career development opportunities
In this role, duties will include:
• Assessing patients for admission, reviewing existing patients and clerking in new patients
• Writing reports for ICRs CPAs and hearings, and attending meetings in the absence of the consultant
• Assessing patients’ physical health, requesting tests, prescribing medications and ensuring accurate clinical records are maintained
• Supporting the day to day running of the service and covering on the forensic side when required
What the hospital is looking for in a Specialty Doctor in Psychiatry:
• MBBS or equivalent and have current GMC registration
• Experience working at speciality grade level, with the ability to make sound clinical judgments
• Up to date clinical knowledge in the fields of adult and forensic psychiatry, with awareness of recovery principles and experience in a secure adult setting as part of a strong MDT
• Demonstrate previous experience of audits
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a flexible and innovative approach
• A car driver and able to participate in on-call duties
For further details, or to apply now, please follow the link provided.
Alternatively, please call Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment now on Apply.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.
This job was posted to Psychiatry, Doctor in Crawley, West Sussex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging....