Ellingham, Bungay, Norfolk, England
- £ 8.83 - 8.83 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 Oct 2020
- 5 Nov 2020
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
We are a busy acute unit providing short term care for adults experiencing mental health crisis. We always aim to offer a high standard of care and deliver great outcomes for patients during this difficult time in their lives. Due to the 24 hour nature of the unit we are looking for staff who have the availability to work a shift pattern alongside our qualified nursing staff which may include nights and weekends
The duties of the job role are to:
1. Assist qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
2. Provide practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
3. Observe and monitor the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
4. Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
5. Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
6. Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
7. To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
8. To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
8. Develop and maintain a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
9. Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
10. Ensure service users are gaining a quality service that is value for their money.
11. To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Services. Further information can be obtained from Apply. Apply. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants. We are an equal opportunities employer. For more information please contact Zuzanna Przywara HR Adviser on Apply
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.