Band 6 Occupational Therapist
Swindon, Wiltshire, England
- £ 28.0 - 30.0 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 30 Sep 2020
- 28 Oct 2020
Seven Nursing is looking for a committed and patient-focused Occupational Therapist to work on the medical/surgical wards at the acute hospital based in Swindon, Wiltshire.
You will be working closely with people who are suffering from various medical, surgical, physical health and developmental conditions to help them recover and improve their general quality of life.
* Address client's aspects of performance to support engagement in occupations that affect health, well-being and life quality
* Select and adapt the appropriate per case occupational therapy treatment model, method and approach to direct the process of interventions
* Apply interventions to maximize safety and performance in activities of daily living (ADL) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL)
* Teach clients new ways of approaching tasks and educate them on how to break down activities into achievable components
* Assess client's home and other environments and advice on alterations consistent with their needs and capabilities
* Recommend adaptive equipment and train in its use
* Guide and educate family members and caregivers
* Observe, note, and report on progress of long and short term treatment goals
* Collect data and document processes followed
* Regularly follow-up client
* Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in Occupational Therapy.
* Experience: 1+ years post qualifying experience in the UK.
* Compliance: Up to date DBS and HCPC registration.
* Travel: Ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: Flexible shift patterns can be discussed - Up to full-time hours
* Teaching and CPD programmes.
* Financial support for further training and personal development.
* Contributory pension scheme.
* Free life insurance Subsidised meals on duty.
* Health Cash Plan.
Working with Seven Nursing:
We have been helping Nurses find temp, perm and ad-hoc roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK healthcare, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.