Slough, Berkshire, England
- £ 41000.0 - 41000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 Sep 2020
- 1 Oct 2020
Are you an experienced Healthcare Professional looking for a fresh career challenge and an opportunity to develop your clinical skills?
We are looking for qualified Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Paramedics and Nurses with clinical knowledge and experience for an exciting new role when you are ready for a change, right now or in the near future.
In this varied role as a Disability Assessor you will:
- Meet people with a wide range of conditions and disabilities through face-to-face consultations
- Carry out visits to claimant's homes or welcome them to the consultation centre
- Conduct consultations with people seeking PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
- Draw on your experience as a clinical expert in your area. It is not essential but you may currently hold a membership to CSP, CoP, RCOT, NMC or RCN as a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Nurse or Paramedic
- Use your expert clinical knowledge and guidelines set out by the DwP to make accurate evaluations
- Expand your medical knowledge as you handle a diverse case load to produce detailed reviews
Every case is different, and no two days are ever the same, so to thrive in this role as a Disability Assessor you will need to:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 years experience as a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Paramedic or Nurse
- Be HCPC / NMC registered
- Have a valid driver's licence (for roles outside central London)
- Enjoy working with claimants (patients) on a one to one basis
- Have good communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to write 30 words per minute on a keyboard and have the ability to type notes during a conversation
We will provide all the training you will need to transition into this new role as a Disability Assessor through a 25-week induction programme and ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals. You'll find our thorough in-house development is well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional clinical registration.
In return you can expect excellent benefits, including:
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
- Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual professional registration fee
- Health screening every two years (after one year's service)
This job was posted to Physiotherapy in Slough, Berkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankSouthwark, London, Greater London, England
Applications are welcomed from applicants with a disability. We can make reasonable adjustments and offer support and advice in a v...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
We are seeking an committed Physiotherapist to join the Hospice service attached to our client's Acute Hospital site based in Centr...
Full timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging....