Rehabilitation support worker
Colchester, Essex, England
- £ 17265.85 - 17265.85 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 Sep 2020
- 3 Oct 2020
Priory group is one of the UK's leading provider of independent specialist secure and step-down services for people with mental illness, personality disorders, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and brain injuries.
Elm House and Elm Cottage offer open community rehabilitation services for men and women with a traumatic or acquired brain injury.
Full-time, Part-time and Night positions available for varied and very rewarding role.
We are looking for talented, passionate rehabilitation assistants to work as part of a team and deliver quality care and support to adults with a brain injury by providing 24-hour care and rehabilitation to residents within our community units. We expect our team to take a positive approach to support individuals professionally and in a way that you would want your own family or friends cared for.
There is a requirement to work days and nights depending on the service needs.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Promoting and encouraging independence
- Providing assistance with daily activities and supporting with personal care
- Preventing and reducing risk of harm
- Liaise with outside agencies and other professionals to ensure that the rehabilitation
- programmes and care plans are being facilitated
- Enabling Service Users to meet their outcomes and develop goals
- Physical and psychological support
- Support for individuals with behaviours described as challenging
- Support for individuals with some communication difficulties and sensory impairments
- Preferably previous experience within healthcare and mental health but not essential as
support will be given.
- Provide satisfactory professional references
- Enhanced DBS
- Providing person centred support and able to promote independent living
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability, commitment and resilience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ideally you will hold a NVQ in health and social care or be willing to study the qualification.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- A strong team player
- Commitment to lifestyle and activities promotion (cooking, gym, gardening, bowling, travelling etc)
- Be proactive, professional and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Great support planning skills (desirable).
- Good clinical competencies and skills (training available)
As a Rehabilitation Assistant, you will be involved in shaping and supporting the individuals to build self esteem and achieve their long and short term personal recovery and rehabilitation goals.
If you are someone who has the ability to take pride in re-enabling individuals to live their lives to the best that they can then this role is for you.
- Career Development Opportunities
- Ongoing Training and Development - We will support you to grow and develop no matter your background or experience
- Flexible working opportunities - If you have your own commitments, let us help you to work flexibly!
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Location: Elmstead Market & Arlesford
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.