Bushey, Hertfordshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 29 Aug 2020
- 27 Sep 2020
Spire Pathology Services at Centennial Park have an exciting opportunity for a Biomedical Scientist to join our dynamic and forward thinking team.
We are setting up a new Covid testing lab and recruiting for a Biomedical Scientist or a Molecular Scientist with experience in molecular or Microbiology to join us on a permanent basis. You will have the opportunity to assist in setting up this lab and to support us in continuing the fight against Covid-19. Dependant on your experience, you will have the option to rotate into another area of our lab to use your existing skills and to vary your experience.
This is a full time position working shifts between 8am and 10pm but we do not work night shifts
Spire Pathology Services is one of the UK's largest networks of accredited laboratories. In 2015, our 22 specialist laboratories and 200 staff carried out more than two million tests from a simple full blood count to a complex tumour marker. We deliver to agreed service levels including one-hour turnaround times on specific tests where requested.
Our integrated network is supported by excellent logistics and full electronic connectivity, meaning we can deliver cost-effective services of the highest quality to our customers. We offer fast turnaround times, live management reporting, online results and a unique customer feedback portal providing live customer satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, analyse, assess and report pathology investigations
- Plan, monitor and quality assure the application of technology for measuring and monitoring pathology investigations
- Provide and receive complex , sensitive or contentious information
Who we're looking for:
- A degree in Biomedical Science and HCPC registration
- Experience with Molecular techniques or Microbiology is essential
- Ideally candidates with NHS or other private healthcare organisation experience
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Louise Tankard on Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
This job was posted to Biomedical in Bushey, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
If you haven't seen the Biomedical Scientist role that's right for you here, our Job Board is updated daily with a variety of new w...