Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 30 Jul 2020
- 28 Aug 2020
Spire Leeds Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join our Wards team. This is a Full-Time and permanent opportunity; with shift patterns covering 24 hours a day/ 7 days per week; including night shifts, early and late shifts plus weekends on a fair rota basis.
Our Ward Teams are the focal point for patients coming into the Hospital to utilise our wide range of treatments and surgical procedures we offer. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a role that requires genuine autonomy and the chance to work as part of a continually changing environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- In this fast-paced role, you will be required to assist our Clinical team in providing exemplary Care within the Theatre department, whilst providing Healthcare Assistance to our Nursing team.
- As a HCA, duties will include routine tasks related to the delivery of care to ensure our patient's health and well-being.
- You will move and set up diagnostic equipment (after training) and other resources, as well as applying technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment.
- You must have experience or a willingness to learn both Venepuncture and ECG Recording.
Who we're looking for:
As an experienced HCA, you will be fundamental in providing Healthcare Support to our Nursing Team to ensure patients receive the best possible personal care.
- Venepuncture and ECG recording are desirable for this role
- System literacy is essential; MS Office and SAP is desirable, however, not essential for the right candidate
- Previous experience within a Similar role
- Must be accurate and have a strong desire for attention to detail.
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Health and Social Care or equivalent
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
This job was posted to Healthcare assistant in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentLeeds, West Yorkshire, England
Duties and responsibilities Support the clinical team in screening staff and patiets for COVID symptoms, includng; telephone calls...