PIP Disability Assessor
Luton, Bedfordshire, England
- £ 38000.0 - 40000.0 Per year
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
- 20 Aug 2020
- 30 Sep 2020
Role: HCPC/NMC Registered - Disability Assessor
Salary: £41,000 + bonus
Experienced Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics required
We are recruiting for registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Paramedics who want to apply their clinical skills in a new way and benefit from the excellent work life balance and professional development that a career as a Disability Analyst can give you. We are seeking those who have been working for 2 years’ post-qualification who possess a UK driving licence.
In this role you will build on your medical knowledge and work in a health and disability assessment role conducting appointments with applicants for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. There is unrivalled investment in you as an employee and you will earn over 140 hours of CPD in your initial 3 months whilst completing an excellent training academy as you work towards accreditation as a Disability Analyst. All of this goes towards the revalidation support and processes which keep our clinicians at the top of their game!
* Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition and/or disabilities
* Once accredited, following training you will work in the community conducting home visits as well as in the local assessment centres
* Ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
* produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual’s entitlement to the benefit
We are advertising health and disability assessment jobs for the below specialities:
* NMC Registered Nurses (Registered Nurse, Mental Health Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse)
* HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
* HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
* HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires at least two years’ post qualification work experience to be able to start in the role.
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch by applying online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This job was posted to Occupational therapist, Paramedic, Physiotherapy in Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging....
£ 25.0 - 27.0 Per yearFull timeTemporaryBarking and Dagenham, Barking, Greater London, England
Athona's Health division are currently recruiting for a Band 6 Paediatric Neuro Physiotherapist in East LondonYou will be responsib...
Full timeBankSouthwark, London, Greater London, England
Applications are welcomed from applicants with a disability. We can make reasonable adjustments and offer support and advice in a v...