Operations & Outreach Manager
Fontwell, Arundel, West Sussex, England
- £ 35,000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 22 Jun 2020
- 22 Jul 2020
Operations and Outreach Manager
£35,000pa – Full time – permanent
Location: Fontwell, Arundel, West Sussex
Amicus provides care, education and treatment to emotionally traumatised children aged 5 - 18 years old. We are a small, innovative independent children’s therapeutic community accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Due to our on-going success and our plans for continuous development, we have an exciting opportunity for an;
‘Operations & Outreach Manager’
We are looking for an extraordinary, creative, resilient & committed individual, who has a passion in working with & supporting children and staff teams in our ‘therapeutic community’
This role will be responsible for working across our Services to establish and maintain a system that operates and promotes a culture of best working practice across the organisation as well as being a point of contact for families and co-ordinating outreach support and family work.
If you have…
• At least 3 years’ experience working at Management Level
• At least two years’ experience of working in a role or working for an organisation related to childcare, social care, education or a mental health.
• Comprehensive experience and knowledge of Ofsted requirements and the Children’s Homes Regulations, Quality Standards and Independent School Standards.
• An interest in working psychodynamically, integrating a therapeutic model within leadership and management.
• A passion for wanting to make a difference in working with & developing relationships with families & professionals and in helping children to achieve and recover from their trauma
• Education to degree level
• Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare or equivalent
• A professional and approachable manner
…then you could be the person we are looking for!
Working closely with the management teams of our homes and school, you will ensure that all provisions are working operationally well to achieve the regulatory (Ofsted) benchmark of ‘Good’ or above and also in compliance with the Community of Community (Royal College of Psychiatrists) Core Standards for children’s therapeutic communities and with Amicus’ therapeutic model and ethos.
You will also support the management teams by carrying out audits and lead and develop standards and compliance to ensure we deliver the highest standard of quality of care and support to children and their families.
You will also lead, co-ordinate & develop outreach support and be the point of contact and liaison for families of children and for children. Including organising & hosting termly parent events & production of Newsletter. Being computer literate is essential in this role.
You will be working within the Senior Management Team.
Due to the nature of the role and work there will be some evening and weekend work required and on-call duties as rostered. We offer an extensive training and support package, to support and develop you in this challenging work
We Can Offer You…….
• An enthusiastic and supportive staff team
• A fully accredited Therapeutic Community environment
• High levels of line manager supervision, group & individual clinical supervision
• Diverse opportunities for career development & progression
• An excellent professional development programme including the development of psychodynamic practice
• A supportive, reflective & learning culture
• A chance to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of children and young people
• Generous company pension scheme
• Staff Introduction Scheme & Staff Events
• Childcare Vouchers
Own transport (or at least non-reliance on public transport) essential due to the location and on-call responsibilities.
Amicus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. Applicants will therefore undergo Enhanced DBS checks and Warner interviews as part of our Safer Recruitment Process.
For further information and to apply for this post please contact Nicky Young, HR & Service Manager for an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01243 544107.
Ref: OOM June 20
This job was posted to - Other health care in Fontwell, Arundel, West Sussex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 19,000 - 22,000 Per yearFull timePermanentFareham, Hampshire, England
Healthcare Technician - Specialist Ophthalmic Hospital Fareham, Hampshire Full Time £19,000 - £22,000 + Private Medical Insu...
£ 42,000 - 42,000 Per yearFull timePermanentHavant, Hampshire, England
Clinical lead | Beautiful Nursing Home | Supernumerary Salary: Up to £42,000 *DOE* Location: Havant Qua...
£ 19,000 - 22,000 Per yearFull timePermanentGuildford, Surrey, England
Healthcare Technician - Specialist Ophthalmic Hospital Guildford, Surrey Full Time £19,000 - £22,000 + Private Medical Insur...