PIP Disability Assessor
Sutton Green, Guildford, Surrey, England
- £ 41000 - 51840 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Jun 2020
- 8 Jul 2020
Health and Disability Assessment role - Disability Assessor in Sutton
Salary: £41,000 - £51,840
Experienced Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics required
Monday to Friday, 9 to 5- No weekends, nights or shifts. All Bank Holidays off.
Part-Time roles also available
We are recruiting for registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Paramedics who want to use their clinical skills applied in a new way and benefit from the excellent work life balance and professional development that a career as a Disability Assessor can give you. We are seeking those who have been working for 2 years' post-qualification and registration in the UK who possess a UK driving licence.
In this role you will grow your medical knowledge and work in a health and disability assessment role conducting appointments with applicants of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. There is unrivalled investment in you as an employee and you will earn over 140 hours of CPD in your initial 3 months whilst completing an excellent training academy as you work towards accreditation as a Disability Assessor. All of this goes towards the revalidation support and processes which keep our clinicians at the top of their game!
* Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition and/or disabilities
* Once accredited, following training you will work in the local assessment centre as well as in the community conducting home visits
* Ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
* produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual's entitlement to the benefit
We are advertising health and disability assessment jobs for the below specialities:
* NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
* HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
* HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
* HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires at least two years' post qualification work experience to be able to start in the role.
* Roles outside of London require a driving licence owing to home visits which are a requirement in all roles
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch by applying online or by calling Helen Walsh at Merco Medical Staffing
This job was posted to Occupational therapist, Paramedic, Physiotherapy in Sutton Green, Guildford, Surrey, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 41,000 - 45,870 Per yearFull time...PermanentLangley, Slough, Berkshire, England
PIP Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist Slough Roles also available across...
£ 41,000 - 45,870 Per yearFull time...PermanentBromley, Bromley, Greater London, England
PIP Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist Bromley Salaries up to £45,870 Ade...
Full timePermanentHigh Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England
About the JobDo you have the passion to make a difference to patients who need MSK treatment? Are you looking for the next step in ...
£ 24,000 - 38,000 Per yearFull timePermanentGuildford, Surrey, England
Occupational Therapist - Term Time Only - Specialist School Guildford £24,907 - £37,890 DOE Remit Compa...