Senior Paediatric Pharmacy Technician
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 May 2020
- 21 Jun 2020
Key performances areas are:
- Checking of screened prescriptions
- Assessing patient own drugs (PODs)
- Medicine reconciliation
- Patient counselling
- Supervising and training of junior team members Undertaking audit and project work Developing and managing the ward(s) stock control
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The flexibility to adapt to changing demands
- The ability to work to precise timescales and deadlines
You will already possess an accredited checking pharmacy technician (ACPT)qualification and have undertaken some training in patient counselling.
For all pharmacy technician posts you require to have successfully completed an NVQ Pharmaceutical Services Level 3 or equivalent and be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
Evelina London Children's Hospital is part of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
We provide comprehensive health services from before birth, throughout childhood and into adult life
Our community services care for children and families in Lambeth and Southwark. Our children's hospital not only cares for local families but also provides an extensive range of specialist services for children with rare and complex conditions from across south London, Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
We are the second largest provider of children's services in London.
Our vision is to be a world leading centre of life-changing care for children, young people and their families.
Based ina stunning purpose-built building at St Thomas',our hospital includes:
- 167 inpatient beds, including 20 intensive care beds
- 52-cot neonatal unit
- 5operating theatres,plus 1 cardiac theatre in East Wing, St Thomas'
- a full children's imaging service with MRI scanner, x-ray and ultrasound
- a kidney dialysis unit
- an outpatients departmentand a medical day care unit
- a hospital school.
Our community services across the boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark provide comprehensivehealthcare from health visitors and school nurses to specialist input to prevent children with long-term health conditions needing hospital care. We have two community centres and 1,000 network clinics.
For Further Information
Pat Hayes, Pharmacy Operations Manager, on Apply, or Jacqueline Adu, Principal Paediatric Pharmacy Technician, on Apply
Closing date: 5th June 2020 at Midnight
Interview date: Week commencing 8th June 2020
Guy's and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust - 47 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/guy-s-and-st-thomas-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9f1134a8-dbdd-491d-b068-07955cfaa5e7131486702723582314.png
This job was posted to Pharmacy technician in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
The Oncology and Haematolgy Clinical Trials team at Guy's and St Thomas' Foundation Trust is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, ...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician (PTPT) ApprenticeshipBand 4 Annex 21(basic pay of 70% of the top of the band (first 12...