Maidstone, Kent, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 May 2020
- 20 Jun 2020
We believe in changing lives through giving excellent care that improves people's mental health and now is a great time to be part of the KMPT family and join our 'Outstanding' team.
Ready to take your personal and professional life to a new level? Then it's time to discover more...
About the Department Based in Priority House Hermitage lane Maidstone, supplying administrative support for both our Inpatient wards (Priority House Hospital) and our Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Teams.
The team is made up of Band 2 and 3 Administrative support staff, each supplying specific support to areas within the team and Consultants.
Our acute admission wards provide inpatient care with intensive support for patients in periods of acute psychiatric illness. Patients have access to a wide range of therapy rooms and activities.
In 2016, we introduced an initiative to improve our expertise with inpatient wards and provide a true patient centred approach, embracing the therapeutic approach to care in our inpatient services.
To find out more, please view the attached document and our video about the therapeutic approach to care in our inpatient services.
About the Role
The position you are applying for is that of Band 3 Administrator. You will be responsible of overseeing the overall administrative needs of the department you are assigned to as well as the overall development and supervision of the Band 2 Admin Assistant. The department provides support for multiple departments and cross-cover will be required.
Given the nature of the Care Group, you may on occasion be exposed to unpleasant working conditions such as verbal aggression, poor personal hygiene, as well as emotionally distressing situations. We work with clients that have complex emotional and behavioural needs and you may be exposed to sensitive information regarding their past histories.
It is vital that we ensure high standards of care are maintained at all times, which may involve having difficult conversations with colleagues.
It is expected that you:
- Provide Diary and meeting management for the Ward/ Ward Manager and Primary Consultant
- Schedule meetings and carer's engagement requirements as and when requested.
- Design and upkeep any and all reporting requirements
- Design and create forms/ reports and agendas as and when required
- Ensure the taking of accurate minutes of minutes that you are assigned.
- Comply with Trust policies, processes, guidelines and expectations.
- Mentor and support new and existing colleagues.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to work, be smartly dressed and well spoken.
- Undertake all training required and requested, as well as booking colleagues training as and when asked.
- Supervise the activities and development of the Admin Assistant assigned to you.
- Be flexible and responsive to the completing demands.
- Be proactive in the support given and required.
Here are the qualifications and skills/requirements for this position:
- Educated to NVQ/ RSA3 or equivalent
- Grade C or higher GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Basic/ Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel and Word, this includes some data analysis, formulae etc.
- Experience of using Microsoft Outlook
- Prioritisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good keyboard skills
- Ability to interact with both colleagues and clients, as well as multiple departments.
- Problem solving skills
- Good numeracy skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience
- Ability to cope with distressing and emotional situations
KMPT Staff Benefits:
NHS pension scheme
Your employer pays 14.3% towards your pension and life assurance benefits.
On appointment to NHS 27 days for full time or pro rata if part time
After 5 years NHS service 29 days full time or pro rata if part time
After 10 years NHS service 33 days full time or pro rata if part time
Plus bank holidays that's up to 41 days - more than 8 weeks paid time off!
Medical staff have national Terms and Conditions.
Buying and selling of annual leave is also available as part of our flexible approach to staff benefits.
Recommend a friend campaign
If you already work for us you could refer a friend from outside of the Trust to any of the roles below and you can receive £1000 if they are successfully recruited; Nursing staff - RMN RGN RNLD -