CAMHS Consultant Psychiatrist
Shirebrook, Mansfield, Derbyshire, England
- £ 70000 - 140000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 19 May 2020
- 16 Jun 2020
Consultant Psychiatrist - Learning Disability Doctor (CAMHS)
Location: Shirebrook, Nottingham
Salary: up to £ Apply per annum (Negotiable depending upon experience)
Hours: Full Time (40 hours + regional on calls)
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Consultant Psychiatrist looking for a new challenge in Learning Disabilities? Do you want to join an organisation that truly lives its values?
At Cygnet Health Care you'll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes, those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join our team at Cygnet Manor and Views. This is a full-time position (10 programmed activities) providing psychiatric care to Cygnet Manor and Views Hospitals. Manor is 20 bedded male and Views is 10 bedded female units. They are high dependency complex care services for individuals with learning disabilities and other complex needs. As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for patients across the service and work as part of a team to include; a Specialty Doctor, Allied Health Professionals, Psychology, Management, Nursing and Support Workers.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of patient treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination of service users, appropriate investigation / diagnosis and treatment, participation in ward rounds and clinical audit. You will also lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the hospital. Be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers' hearings and attend hearings whenever possible.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week plus you will be part of (1:6 to 1:8) 2nd on-call rota for the region.
In this role you will:
* Be located in Shirebrook and Matlock
* Have medical responsibility for the patients at Cygnet Manor and Views
* Streamline and manage the admissions and discharges for the most efficient use of beds at the hospital
* Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT); working collaboratively with Consultant Psychiatrists, Doctors, other AHPs on site NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital
* Working in close collaboration with service users and multidisciplinary teams to produce effective treatment plans for service users
* To have daily handovers from the nursing staff as well as all other appropriate meetings including MDT meetings, CPAs, NHSE CTRs, Tribunals and Managers' hearings
* Participate in the Consultant on-call rota
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
* Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist, GMC registration, Section 12 Approval and AC Status
* Experience of working in Learning Disability Psychiatry services
* Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
* MRCPsych or equivalent
* In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
* Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
* Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
* Excellent communication skills
In Return, We Will Offer You:
* Salary up to £ Apply (negotiable depending on experience)
* Support from an onsite Specialty Doctor and multi-disciplinary team
* Medical indemnity cover
* CPD support and study leave
* Active participation in clinical governance
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Learning and development
* Company paid Life Assurance scheme
* Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks, find our more at: https:// Apply/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 72000 - 90000 Per yearFull timePermanentChesterfield, Derbyshire, England
Medical Doctor, Functional Assessor in ChesterfieldRole Description: Medical Assessment and Reporting Opportunity for DoctorsLocati...