CAMHS Specialty Doctor
North Yorkshire, England
- £ 60000 - 85000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 19 May 2020
- 16 Jun 2020
Specialty Doctor (CAMHS)
Salary: up to £85,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Cygnet Hospital Harrogate is a long-established mental health hospital that provides an emergency admissions service across two acute wards. This position is will be based on Sanctuary Ward, which is Cygnet Hospital Harrogate's emergency acute inpatient service for women. The ward can accept service users on an informal basis and also those detained under the Mental Health Act.
We have exciting new opportunities for a Specialty Doctor to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Harrogate.
Cygnet Hospital Harrogate is a long-established mental health hospital that provides an emergency admissions service across two acute wards. Service users have a named nurse and are reviewed by a consultant psychiatrist up to three times a week. Medical cover is provided round the clock. Referrals and admissions can be received at any time of the day or night by arrangement with the consultant psychiatrist and medical staff on call.
The hospital is located in very pleasant surroundings, in this picturesque North Yorkshire spa town which is easily accessed by road and rail.
This is a full-time position (10 programmed activities) providing Psychiatric care to female adults (18+) inpatients. This post provides psychiatric cover to one independent hospital, Cygnet Harrogate, working alongside a full time Consultant Psychiatrist.
Assessment is complete before admission and this includes psychological, emotional, social, educational and cultural needs. All patients are referred to us by the NHS from a variety of settings including acute wards, PICU, low secure, medium secure and the community. An individualised care plan is created in partnership with the service user, the network of professionals involved in their care as well as family and carers. Care co-ordination is managed by a robust Care Programme Approach (CPA) process and multi-agency liaison. Each month care plans are reviewed in a clinical MDT meeting with the service user and the team supporting their treatment. The hospital can take rapid access and emergency referrals and all services have 24-hour medical cover via an on-call rota.
The post holder will have:
* To oversee and maintain the care of all ward inpatients as required.
* Responsibility for auditing the medical services rendered at the ward and ensuring their good quality in accordance to GMC standards of Good Medical Practice and other relevant professional guidelines.
* Responsibility for upholding the Company's policies and procedures and protecting the Company's interests as appropriate.
* To work full time hours plus be part of the on call rota.
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
* Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
* Relevant experience within an Acute Mental Health setting.
* Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
* The ability to demonstrate sound clinical judgment / experience in making clinical decision and managing risk and knows when to seek help
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
* Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
* The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Desirable: Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
* Desirable: Royal College of Psychiatrists membership (MRCPsych) or equivalent
In Return, We Will Offer You:
* Salary up to £85,000
* Support from an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist, Medical Director and multi-disciplinary team
* Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
* Medical indemnity cover
* CPD support and study leave
* Active participation in clinical governance
* Free Meals
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Learning and development
The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme:
* A formulated programme to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
* The opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
* An assigned educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
* Support with MRCPsych exams.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To find out more about the role, please call us on +44(0)Apply, e
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the U...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
Two Locum Consultant in Anaesthetics with a special interest in Regional AnaesthesiaNewham University Hospital, Barts HealthDo you ...