Substance Misuse Doctor
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
- £ 82167.00 - 82167.00 Per year
- Part time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 18 May 2020
- 15 Jun 2020
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join my client, a sector leader in Substance Misuse. Providing the opportunity to develop and enhance your career, my client is seeking an ambitious professional who is ready for a fresh challenge. This is a role where you can make a real difference to the people that you support who are experiencing difficulties from drug and alcohol use. The role is part time, 18.5 hours per week and is based in Wakefield.
You will possess full GMC UK Registration and Licence to Practice. A medical degree and completion of Basic Medical Training is also essential, as is at least four years of post-graduate training. Substance misuse experience is preferred, but not essential as training can be given. This role is open to both GP's with special interest, and to Specialty Doctors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of local prescribing clinics delivered across the community service.
- Leading the provision of a patient-centred, evidence-based, accessible and culturally sensitive specialist General Practice to service users.
- Providing clinical expertise to meet contractual obligations with commissioners.
- Provide specialist assessment to new clients and medical reviews where appropriate.
- Undertake and support community detoxification's in clients wishing to pursue this route.
- Provide advice and guidance for the service team regarding clinical or medical issues and to ensure best practice is provided.
In return for your dedication, a benefits package is offered that consists of:
- 33 days paid annual leave (increasing to 35 days) plus the ability to purchase additional holiday.
- Competitive pension and life assurance schemes.
- EAP system.
- Flexible working patterns to promote a work-life balance.
- Access to discounts including cinema, high street, gym and groceries.
This is a part time, permanent position based in Wakefield, and is paying a salary up to £82,167 per annum, pro rata.
For further details on this opportunity, please contact Cara Lynch at Medicor on Applyor email your CV to Apply
Medicor is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 37,000 - 40,000 Per yearFull timePermanentBradford, West Yorkshire, England
Theatre Team Leader - Orthopaedics - RN / ODP - Private Hospital Bradford, West Yorkshire Salary - £37,000 - £40,000 Per Annum &nbs...
£ 45,000 - 47,000 Per yearFull timePermanentHuddersfield, West Yorkshire, England
Head of Adult Residential Services – Learning Disabilities – Nurse Qualified Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilities £45k - £...