Clinical Psychologist - Adult Mental Health - Band 8A
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 54800 - 65500 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 18 May 2020
- 22 Jun 2020
We are seeking a committed and experienced Band 8A Clinical Psychologist to join the Adult Mental Health Service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
Additional Role Summary:
- You will work within the Psychological Therapies Team (PTT) in Adult Mental Health and hold a personal caseload providing complex Psychological assessment, treatment and consultation work.
- You will be able to work with individuals, couples and groups of Service Users with severe and enduring mental health difficulties.
- You will be a UK registered Clinical Psychologist and will work within the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and British Psychological Society (BPS) Codes of Conduct
The post involves working with Service Users with severe and enduring mental health problems within a variety of settings: on the acute psychiatric ward, within the mental health outpatient facility, within the general hospital, within the Service User's own home and in other offsite venues e.g. the prison, community venues.
As such. Lone working in the community is an element of this job
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 8a salary is up to £64,218 plus an annual bonus of £1,286.
Person requirements :
- To hold a Doctorate-level qualification in Clinical Psychology with ability to demonstrate breadth of experience working with severe and enduring mental illness.
- To hold and maintain registration with the HCPC.
- To have the ability to demonstrate extensive experience of working with at least three therapeutic approaches e.g. Systemic/Family, CBT, Psychodynamic, CAT etc.
- To be able to demonstrate training and experience in delivering two NICE recommended psychotherapeutic interventions for personality difficulties e.g. Schema, DBT, Systemic/Family Therapy.
- To be confident and competent in working as part of the MDT managing presentation and risk in secondary care clients with severe and enduring mental illness.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation - three months free*
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit Apply
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
This job was posted to Psychology in St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 36000 - 48400 Per yearFull timePermanentSt Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
We are seeking an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to join the Therapies team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the...