Biomedical Scientist - Haematology & Transfusion - Band 6
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 36000 - 48400 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 18 May 2020
- 22 Jun 2020
We are seeking a committed and experienced Band 6 Biomedical Scientist to join our client's Haematology and Blood Transfusion team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the Agenda for Change banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £47,094 plus an annual bonus of £1,286 and higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for any NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The Haematology Department processes over 50,000 full blood counts and 25,000 coagulation screens per year.
The department uses the following platforms:
- Horiba Medical Pentra DX/DF
- Werfen TOP 300
- Ves-Matic 30 ESR processor
The Blood Transfusion Department uses the following platforms:
- IH-1000 Biorad grouping analyser
- Mirasol pathogen reduction system.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare services, diagnosing and treating patients within the hospital, and supporting people with disabilities in the wider community.
Their Health Service provides excellent care, supported by modern equipment and Health Professionals recruited to a very high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
- Biomedical Scientist with full HCPC registration.
- Current or recent Band 5 or 6 experience (or independent sector equivalent) with a full range of Haematology and Transfusion skills.
- Proficient in working individually or as part of a small team.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation*
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit Apply
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.