Specialist / Senior Clinical Cardiac Physiologist
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 27 Mar 2020
- 25 Apr 2020
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley, Orpington Hospital, and some services at Beckenham Beacon and Queen Mary’s Sidcup.
The Trust is recognised internationally for its work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac, haemato-oncology, fetal medicine, stroke, major trauma, and Emergency Department.
King’s College hospital is a renowned research institution in south east London and with KCL and Guys/St Thomas’s forms Kings Health Partners.
This is a full time, permanent position. It also includes participation in the on-call service for primary angioplasty and emergency arhythmia pathway.
This post will be based primarily within the Cardiac department Suite 6 and the cardiac catheter laboratories at Denmark Hill, but the post holder will be employed to work on any KCH site as required.
The post holder will be an independent practitioner clinical cardiac physiologist specialist, with proven competency in all aspects of non-invasive cardiac diagnostic testing and invasive diagnostic testing and diagnostic reporting at a specialist level. They should also have an interest in a specific area of Cardiac Physiology.
A cross-functional approach to team work is encouraged to ensure high quality service delivery and there is an opportunity to develop expertise in specialist areas such as CPET, interventional cardiology, complex CRM and/or Electrophysiology. Hence, rotation around a broad range of clinical physiology areas will be necessary, in order to maintain competencies for state registration purposes. Participation in the emergency on-call service for primary angioplasty and emergency arrhythmia pathway will be required.
You will be a highly self-motivated team member who is organized, flexible and reliable. You must be able to demonstrate proficiency in diagnostic cardiology and be enthusiastic to teach cardiographers, junior staff and students as well as developing yourself in a specialist area with the intention of continuous post-graduate CPD.
Key requirements of this position are:
· BSc in Cardiac Physiology (old degree) or
· BSc in Healthcare Science (PTP) – Clinical Cardiac Physiology or equivalent or
· MSc in Healthcare Science (STP) – Clinical Cardiac Physiology or equivalent
· Intermediate Life Support (ILS)
· Proficiency in and a strong underpinning knowledge of all non-invasive techniques
· Proficiency in and a strong underpinning knowledge of invasive procedures including CRM and interventional procedures
· Willingness to attend courses/ conferences and to undertake further professional qualifications to keep abreast with new developments
· A commitment to training in advanced level techniques
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 29 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Physiology in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist - Complex Diagnostics at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, LondonHours: 37.5 per week, fl...