Senior Rotational Clinical Pharmacist
Orpington, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 27 Mar 2020
- 25 Apr 2020
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley, Orpington Hospital, and some services at Beckenham Beacon and Queen Mary’s Sidcup.
The Trust is recognised internationally for its work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac, haemato-oncology, fetal medicine, stroke, major trauma, and Emergency Department.
We are looking for a hard-working and highly motivated clinical pharmacist to join us in our Band 7 Cross-site, Rotational Programme. King’s provides a number of secondary and tertiary care services and our successful rotational programme is designed to offer clinical experience across all specialties and sites of the Trust (Princess Royal University Hospital, Denmark Hill and Orpington Hospital).
Each rotation lasts eight months and those based at the PRUH include acute medicine, specialist medicine, surgery & clinical nutrition, respiratory, cardiology and clinical services. Rotations based at DMH include anticoagulation, clinical services, clinical nutrition, hepatology, neurosciences, critical care & medicines finance, specialist medicine, medicines safety and haematology & aseptics.
This post would be suitable for an individual who is looking to develop their clinical skills, as well as their leadership and managerial experience. Key activities in each rotation are:
• To act as a specialist practitioner and role model and manage the day to day pharmaceutical care of patients in the specific clinical area
• To attend daily consultant ward rounds in specific rotations
• In the anticoagulation rotation, to participate in the pharmacy-led clinics
• To respond to clinical queries both internally and externally
• To contribute to monthly financial and activity reports including monitoring of cost savings initiatives
• To conduct research and audit projects
• To participate in other activities such as risk management, clinical guideline development and staff training
This exciting programme provides flexible and challenging opportunities for both personal and professional development. The rotation has structured objectives designed to ensure that participants gain sufficient experience and skills while contributing to the department and trust priorities.
The successful applicant will be a strong team player with significant clinical experience as a registered hospital pharmacist and will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong desire to learn and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 21 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Pharmacist in Orpington, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 14 - 30 Per hourFull timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
Job description HCL Healthcare have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Band 7/8a Senior Pharmacist to work in a South East L...