Pharmacy Technician / Clean Room Supervisor
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 27 Mar 2020
- 25 Apr 2020
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley, Orpington Hospital, and some services at Beckenham Beacon and Queen Mary’s Sidcup.
The Trust is recognised internationally for its work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac, haemato-oncology, fetal medicine, stroke, major trauma, and Emergency Department.
We are looking for a capable, enthusiastic and highly motivated pharmacy technician or ATO to join the team in Pharmacy Aseptic Services.
The post holder will be responsible for supervision of day-to-day workload within the Clean Room Environment – under the management of the Chief Pharmacy Technician and under the overall leadership of the Associate Chief Pharmacist – to ensure the safe, effective and timely provision of aseptic products to patients.
Amongst other things the post holder will be responsible for participating in the aseptic manufacture of chemotherapy doses, checking volumes for other Aseptic staff, generating worksheets and labels using the pharmacy computer system, assisting the aseptic services managers in the development of new services for the Trust, advising the Chief Pharmacy Technician and Associate Chief Pharmacist on amending work practices and documentation to improve the running of the service, maintaining equipment according to procedures and actively encouraging adherence to all procedures relating to the aseptic department and cGMP.
If you’re an enthusiastic and knowledgeable pharmacy technician or ATO interested in advancing your career in aseptic services, then please contact us to find out more about this exciting and challenging role.
Applicants within the past 3 months need not apply.
Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technicians need not apply.
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 29 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Pharmacy technician in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentCarshalton, Greater London, England
This is a new Band 5 post based at St Helier Hospital that will support the work of the Principal Pharmacist, HIV services and the ...
Full timeBankCambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Our TrustCambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambr...