Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist - Complex Diagnostics
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 26 Mar 2020
- 23 Apr 2020
Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist - Complex Diagnostics at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London
Hours: 37.5 per week, flexible working shifts per week.
Salary: highly competitive, plus on-call commitment which will at least add £2,100 to your annual income.
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world because of what we do matters - every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are looking for individuals that are specialised in Echocardiology with experience in Non-Invasive Cardiac Physiology Diagnostics and Cardiac Rhythm Management Devices. This position will attract an opportunity for training in our CathLabs or extend skills in the area of syncope assessment.
You should be an independent practitioner, able to perform and report resting transthoracic scans and rhythm analysis to permanent (CRM), temporary (Holter), rest (ECG) and exercise (ETT) modalities.
Ideally, you would have the knowledge and practical experience in advanced procedures such as 3D acquisition, Contrast and bubble imaging, assisting with Transoesophageal (TOE) and stress echo modalities.
Proven competence in performing and reporting echocardiography studies and BSE accreditation or equivalent is essential.
- Undertake echocardiographic investigations including adult, contrast (for left ventricular opacification) echocardiograms, bubble studies echocardiograms, dobutamine echocardiograms and assist with transoesophageal echocardiograms utilising a range of techniques including pulsed and continuous wave Doppler, colour flow mapping and tissue Doppler imaging.
- Recognise the significance of investigative findings and act on them accordingly, to prioritise the performance of echocardiographic investigations according to clinical need and provide professional guidance in echocardiographic matters when appropriate.
- Perform and interpret 12 lead ECG's; Fit, removal and analysis of 24 hour Holter/BP monitors; To perform and interpret Exercise Treadmill Tests, both technically and medically led.
- Assist in Syncope assessment including the following tests: Tilt Table Testing, Autonomic Function Testing, Signal Average ECG.
- Perform CRM Device interrogations in clinic, inpatients or in a pre-assessment setting.
- Assist in maintaining an ordered filing and retrieval system and electronic computer database of patients' recordings, measurements, reports and attendance details and helping to provide the necessary statistical returns of activity etc.
- Help with the maintenance of consumable stocks and replenishment of the same as necessary, working within the department's budgetary and logistic constraints.
- Be trained and accredited under the auspices of the Resuscitation Council (UK) and to partake in providing Immediate Life Support (ILS) cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as and when necessary.
You should have:
- BSc (Hons) in Clinical Physiology or BSc in Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) or PTP equivalence
- Transthoracic (TTE) Level 2 accreditation by the British Society of Echocardiography or Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography Certification by the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI)
- Knowledge and experience of advanced and highly specialised procedures acquired through accredited courses.
- Able to perform a range of specialist diagnostic investigations on patients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Ability to think quickly, assess complex clinical situations and make decisions upon that information.
- Positive and optimistic, displaying confidence and exhibiting presence and vision
Bupa is an incredible place to work and offers a significant range of benefits which include clinical leadership development programmes, HCPC/AHCS fees paid after 12 months, health insurance, contributory pension scheme, free health assessments, buying and selling of holidays and discounted gym membership.
For further information contact Louise Griffiths on Applyor
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 28,000 - 33,000 Per yearFull timePermanentManchester, Greater Manchester, England
Endoscopy Practitioner - RGN / ODP - Private Hospital Manchester - Greater Manchester &nb...