Harpenden, Hertfordshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 24 Mar 2020
- 22 Apr 2020
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, plastics and medical patients amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide advice and support to consultants, other clinicians and patients ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost-effective use of medicines
- Advise the hospital and its departments on the safe management & use of medicines, ensuring compliance with current legislation and professional standards
- Assist in delivering the specialist pharmacy service of oncology
- To promote a multidisciplinary, patient focused approach to the delivery of an efficient, high quality healthcare service
- Assist in delivering pharmaceutical care to meet patients health and wellbeing needs
- Assist in assessing people's health and wellbeing within the context of their medicines
- Be involved in the movement and management of medicines
Who we're looking for
- You will hold a B Tech National Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences or City & Guilds of London Institute in Dispensing Technicians Certificate or Scottish/National Vocational Qualifications (S/NVQ) level 3 in pharmacy services, or equivalent.
- Have experience of working in a pharmaceutical department and Competence in a range of pharmaceutical activities with theoretical knowledge acquired during qualification is essential.
- Experience of working in an independent sector hospital pharmaceutical department and working with cytotoxic medicines and dispensing for oncology patients is desirable
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and rewards
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers @ Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
This job was posted to Pharmacy technician in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankCambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Our TrustCambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambr...