Regional Mobile PIP Health & Disability Assessor
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
- £ 40660 - 48120 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
- 14 Mar 2020
- 14 Apr 2020
Health and disability assessment role – Regional Mobile PIP Disability Assessor for South East of England
Location: Based in Tunbridge Wells- Regional Mobile covering the South East of England
Region Coverage: Ashford, Brighton, Canterbury, Chertsey, Dunstable, Harrow, Medway, Portsmouth, Slough, Tunbridge Wells, Watford
Salary: £40,660 - £42,660 (£48,120 On Target Earnings)
Experienced Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics required
Monday to Friday, Convenient Office Hours- No Weekends, nights or shifts. All Bank Holidays off.
We are recruiting for registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OTs) and Paramedics who want to use their clinical skills applied in a new way and benefit from the excellent work life balance and professional development that a career as a Disability Assessor can give you. We are seeking those who have been working for 2 years’ post-qualification and registration in the UK who possess a UK driving licence.
In this role you will grow your medical knowledge and work in a health and disability assessment role conducting appointments with applicants of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. There is unrivalled investment in you as an employee and you will earn over 140 hours of CPD in your initial 3 months whilst completing an excellent training academy as you work towards accreditation as a Disability Analyst. All of this goes towards the revalidation support and processes which keep our clinicians at the top of their game!
* Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition and/or disabilities
* Once accredited, following training you will work in the local assessment centre as well as in the community conducting home visits
* Ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
* produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual’s entitlement to the benefit
We are advertising health and disability assessment jobs for the below specialities:
* NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
* HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
* HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
* HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires at least two years’ post qualification work experience to be able to start in the role.
* Roles outside of London require a driving licence owing to home visits which are a requirement in all roles
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch by applying via this ad or by calling Steve Thorpe at Merco Medical Staffing
This job was posted to Occupational therapist, Paramedic, Physiotherapy in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentEpsom, Surrey, England
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Band 6 Physiotherapist to join our Neuro Rehabilitation rotation. Applicants must hav...