Environmental Health and Safety Officer
- £ 20000 - 25000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 15 Jan 2020
- 12 Feb 2020
Environmental, Health and Safety Officer
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Hours: 9am - 5pm (Mon - Fri)
Job Type: Permanent
To promote a positive Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) culture throughout the Organisation and actively promote the EHS Management Systems. To carry out Internal Audits, provide appropriate advice and support within the business, assist with risk assessment programme, develop and maintain chemical management programme, and ensure adequate implementation of the EHS Management Systems and compliance to the required standards such as ISO14001 and ISO45001.
* Promote the Organisation's EHS Management Systems in the utmost professional manner at all times, both to internal and external Stakeholders. Champion the EHS systems in all areas of the business.
* Provide general day to day advice and assistance to Department and Clinic Managers as required.
* Carry out Internal Health and Safety audits in all areas of the business in accordance with the company procedural requirements as per the audit schedule. This should be done with diplomacy and tact but with sufficient depth and detail to ensure the accurate review of compliance against relevant company and legal requirements. To ensure a clear debrief is undertaken at the end of the audit so that all parties are clear about the findings and seriousness of the non-conformances. To complete necessary documentation following these audits, issuing audit reports in a timely manner and reviewing non-conformance closure comments as provided.
* Reviewing incident reports and analysing data to identify areas for continual improvement.
* Develop and compile statistics from data gathered from incident reports and audits to ensure accurate, relevant and concise reporting.
* Undertaking risk assessments, through effective hazard identification and by implementing appropriate control measures to manage risk accordingly.
* Writing and maintaining COSHH assessments, updating these assessments when new MSDS's are released. Ensuring assessments are clear, accurate and in line with current EHS legal and company requirements. Assisting with chemical management in clinics and distribution.
* Assisting the EHS Manager in the development and implementation of internal EHS policies and procedures in accordance with current legal and company requirements.
* Assisting with the development of EHS communications including writing reports, bulletins and newsletters.
* Making presentations to groups of employees/managers as required.
* Facilitating health and safety meetings and training courses for employees, including the development of relevant training material in line with the Company's objectives.
* Support the EHS Manager in facilitating activities of the EHS Representative team. Holding regular consultation meetings with employees / representatives.
* Be familiar and assist with all environmental reporting requirements as per legislative and corporate requirements. Assisting with preparing these reports for submission where required.
* Database Management - document control system, audit log, e-learning, legal register, risk register, aspects and impacts, register of workplace substances and other EHS related programmes.
Qualifications and experience
Required Training and education
* Educated preferably to degree level but to at least 'A' Level standard or equivalent.
* Full clean driving license.
* Health and Safety Qualification essential.
* Environmental Qualification desirable.
Required professional experience
* Proven experience of EHS systems and auditing procedures.
* Experience of working in a multi-site organisation is essential.
* Previous experience in a healthcare and/or logistics setting would be advantageous.
* Experience of chemical management and practical manual handling would also be desirable.
* Knowledge of EHS legislation for the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Important personal qualities or personal requirements.
* Able to communicate clearly and concisely both internally within the organization, with Corporate Departments and externally with Accreditation Bodies.
* Ability to work in an accurate and precise manner is essential, as is the ability to analyse and interpret data and information.
* Prepared to travel throughout England, Wales and Ireland to perform required audits. Occasional travel to other sites within the European Region may be required.
* Be prepared to stay away overnight as required to carry out audits and site visits efficiently.
This job was posted to Pharmaceutical in Nottinghamshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Part timeBankCambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Applications are invited for the post of Clinical Fellow (Higher-Senior) in Transplant Surgery at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Senior Clinical Fellow in Emergency Medicine (ST4+) - 80:20 Research Love Emergency Medicine but wish you could combine it with you...
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
Senior Clinical Fellow in Emergency Medicine (ST4+) - 80:20 Frailty Love Emergency Medicine but wish you could combine it with your...