Senior Health Care Worker
Maidstone, Kent, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 Dec 2019
- 2 Jan 2020
Trevor Gibbens Unit, Maidstone HEALTH CARE WORKER 37.5 hours per week Band: 3 £18,813 - £20,795 per annum Plus unsocial hours enhancements and Forensic Recruitment and Retention Premia (£1400 per annum) Would you like to be part of a forward thinking progressive service? Do you want to develop your skills, with the backing of a well-developed nursing team, and have the opportunity to participate in appropriate training for this role? If the answer is yes, we have a Band 3 Healthcare Worker vacancy at the Trevor Gibbens Unit, Maidstone. The unit specialises in the assessment and treatment of mentally disordered offenders, serving the community of Kent and a population of approximately 1.6 million. The service now provides a total of 65 beds throughout a range of clinical facilities based on patient need. We are seeking to recruit a number of enthusiastic and motivated Healthcare Workers, who have an interest in providing care to this group. The Healthcare Worker is a key member of the multidisciplinary care team and will have continuing responsibility to:
- Deliver an effective and competent level of care under the guidance and supervision of the associate workers, senior associate workers, qualified nurses and occupational therapists, determined by the patient's plan of care.
- Be fully aware of the needs of patients over a 24 hour span of care. Knowledge and Experience required
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Be willing to develop knowledge and skills.
- NVQ at Level 3 in care or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience of working with people with severe mental health problems and experience or knowledge of caring for people in a secure environment.
- To deliver an effective service it is essential that you are able to travel between bases in a timely manner. For further information please contact Emma Bowler, Lead Nurse on Apply. If your application is successful, you will be notified by e-mail. Therefore, please ensure that you regularly check your NHS jobs account. Employment in this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service KMPT Staff Benefits: NHS pension scheme Your employer pays 14.3% towards your pension and life assurance benefits. Please see http:\/\/ Apply. Apply\/Pensions.aspx for more details. Annual leave for Agenda for Change O n appointment to NHS 27 days for full time or pro rata if part time
After 5 years NHS service 29 days full time or pro rata if part time
After 10 years NHS service 33 days full time or pro rata if part time Plus bank holidays that's up to 41 days - more than 8 weeks paid time off! Medical staff have national Terms and Conditions.
Buying and selling of annual leave is also available as part of our flexible approach to staff benefits. Recommend a friend campaign If you already work for us you could refer a friend from outside of the Trust to any of the roles below and you can receive £1000 if they are successfully recruited; Nursing staff - RMN RGN RNLD - Band 5 and 6, Medical Doctors, Clinical Psychologist and Allied Health Professionals, Flexible working Covers job share, term time working, flexible shifts etc. Just ask and we will try to help. Statutory and occupational maternity, paternity or adoption leave Dependant on length of NHS service Other paid\/unpaid leave This can be for Jury Service, Reserved Armed Forces, etc. This is paid outside of annual leave. Non paid leave for career breaks Staff Support KMPT offer a face to face counselling service for any issues not just work related problems. NHS discounts and shopping vouchers Staff can sign up to Red Guava, PS discounts and Health Service Discounts to receive a variety of discounts in travel, fashion, technology, mobile phone contracts, food and drink, days out etc. Learning and Development opportunities In addition to the mandatory subjects there are a number of leadership, management and staff topic areas, including coaching and mentoring. Induction.
KMPT is committed to supporting all new staff and this includes a comprehensive Induction programme. The duration of the programme is dependent on role and can be from 2 days to 4 weeks (not always consecutive days).
The Induction programme will provide an excellent opportunity for new staff to meet and engage with KMPT's subject specialists and will include the essential training required.
The programme may involve some travel to the various training venues across Kent and Medway, the main ones being Canterbury, Maidstone and Dartford. Lease car scheme Cycle to work scheme The list goes on.........! New starter bonus . At the Trust we really value our nurses and the skills th