Speciality Doctor - Palliative care
Maidstone, Kent, England
- £ 72000 - 75000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 20 Nov 2019
- 18 Dec 2019
Chase Medical is looking for a Specialist Doctor to aid in Palliative Care in various hospitals in Kent area on a Full or Part time basis.
The successful candidate will work alongside two other Specialty Doctors providing care to patients in the various community hospital wards as well as be expected to provide day to day medical care and review of the patients supported and directed by the Clinical Lead Consultant.
The ward multidisciplinary teams include physiotherapy and occupational therapy with rehabilitation facilities including a physiotherapy gym and occupational therapy assessment area. Patients have access to dietetics, speech and language therapy and podiatry. Social Services have a ward coordinator who visits the ward regularly. Discharges are carefully planned with the multidisciplinary team in conjunction with social services or transfer to the community teams where appropriate.
- Clerking in of new patientstransferred from other hospitals and home with arrangement for appropriate investigations as necessary
- Daily ward review of inpatients
- Referral to other specialists when required and completion of discharge paperwork
- Linking with all relevant services within the community, acute services where necessary and social care.
- Attending consultant ward roundsand multidisciplinary team meetings
Skills & Requirements
It is essential that you have:
- Full registrationwith the General Medical Council
- 4 years' post-graduate training(or its equivalent on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in a specialty training programme for care of the elderly or as a fixed term specialty trainee in care of the elderly
- Knowledge on stroke, neuro rehabilitation andend of life care
Salary & Benefits
They are offering a highly competitive £72,000 - £75,000 FTE salary, dependent on experience, 5 weeks Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Indemnity cover and NHS pension.
How to Apply
Chase Medical is the specialist Primary Care clinical staff agency that provide clinical staff such as Specialist Doctors with permanent work in a Primary Care setting. When you register with us you will be kept updated with all the permanent roles that pop up in your area. Register with us for free today!
If you know someone who may be interested in our opportunities, visit our website at Apply. For every successful referral you can earn up to £500 cash.
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankOrpington, Greater London, England
Applications are invited for a Clinical Fellow (ST3-ST7) in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology to be based at the Princes...