Senior Clinical Fellow in Paediatric Neurosurgery
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 10 Nov 2019
- 9 Dec 2019
Start Date: January 2019
Applications are invited to apply for the post of Senior Clinical Fellow in Paediatric Neurosurgery based at King’s College Hospital Foundation Trust. The paediatric neurosurgical senior clinical fellowship is aimed at experienced neurosurgical trainees. The purpose of the post is to provide experience sufficient to allow a successful fellow to offer himself/herself for appointment to a consultant position involving a substantial commitment to paediatric neurosurgery.
The fellow will work closely with and under the supervision of the paediatric neurosurgical consultants. The fellow will be expected to supervise the paediatric neurosurgical registrars and to facilitate the training they receive. They will have responsibility for the patients on the ward. They will be expected to participate in the multi-disciplinary team meetings as well as clinics and theatre sessions. The fellow will have ample opportunity and will be expected to lead on and participate in research projects, presentations (national and international), publications in peer-reviewed journals and service improvement projects. The fellow will also be encouraged and expected to actively get involved in the teaching of their junior colleagues and medical students.
The fellow will participate in the general neurosurgical rota (Tier 2) on a 1 in 6 basis. They will also be encouraged to share responsibility for the paediatric neurosurgical patients outside of strict rota commitments.
Interview Date: December 2019
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 43 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Doctor in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Consultant in Clinical Oncology(Full time post, 10 PAs)From £79,860 p.a. excl. LZ (pro rata)Commencing as soon as possibleCancer se...
Full timePermanentSouthall, Greater London, England
What is Practice Assist?Practice Assist is an innovative service which involves a central hub, based in Southall, that supports GP ...