Healthcare Assistant - Tidworth Medical Centre
- £ 14.41 - 14.41 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 8 Nov 2019
- 6 Dec 2019
DPHC Locum Healthcare Assistant Level 3
Healthcare Assistant - Essential Requirements:
- Must have a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ/SVQ) Level 3 in Health and Social Care (or an equivalent Healthcare related NVQ).
- Must have a minimum of 2 years recent experience within the last 3 years of working in general practice or other healthcare environment as a HCA.
- Must be in date for Basic Life Support (BLS), Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Safeguarding Children and Young People and Vulnerable Adults Level 2 training.
- Must be able to provide certificates of training, as undertaken within the last three years, and/or be able to provide proof of clinical competency from a previous employer or Line Manager, who is a current registered healthcare professional, in:
- Recording ECGs
- Perfoming Venepuncture
- Performing urinalysis
- Preparation of specimens
- Undertaking simple dressing procedures
- Using aseptic technique
Healthcare Assistant - Service Requirements:
- To provide general basic nursing care under indirect supervision of the practice nurse team, undertaking tasks and duties delegated by a suitably qualified regulated professional.
- To provide clinical administrative support as required.
- To work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, following policy and procedures alongside nurses and administrative staff in the service and delivery of the care management of the practice population.
- To assist the Medical Officer's (MOs) and practice nurse teams within Primary Health Care clinics, Occupational Health assessment clinics, chronic disease clinics, health promotion.
- To provide a range of clinical measurements, visual acuity, Electrocardiogram (ECG), venepuncture, peak flow readings, spirometry, urinalysis and preparation of specimens for investigation.
- To communicate effectively with patients in specific clinical situations.
Healthcare Assistant - About the Role:
- Flexible & adaptable with a proactive approach
- You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
- Deliver a professional & personal service at all times
- Ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
Healthcare Assistant - About Military Medical Personnel and our Benefits:
Military Medical Personnel (MMP) is a specialist recruitment consultancy dedicated exclusively to providing locum civilian medical, dental and healthcare professionals to the Ministry of Defence. We are a contracted supplier to the MOD and have locum vacancies on military bases throughout the UK and occasionally overseas locations.
Military Medical Personnel offer an attractive package for candidates which may include the following:
- Attractive rates of pay with weekly payments and choice of payment model
- A generous "Refer a Friend" bonus scheme
- Flexibility of long and short term assignments to suit your availability
- Contribution towards your continued professional development (CPD) if applicable
- Free uniforms provided (if required)
- A disclosure check PVG membership in Scotland or Access Northern Ireland certificate is required for this post which will be paid for by us
Free blood tests and fitness to work certificates (if required)
- Free mandatory training
- Weekly payments
- Assigned an experienced consultant who will support you throughout your application who will continue to look after you during your assignment
All job placements are subject to the receipt of satisfactory compliance requirements and a current DBS
We reserve the right to remove this requirement once a suitable candidates has been selected.