Healthcare Assistant - Winchester Medical Centre
Winchester, Hampshire, England
- £ 13.47 - 13.47 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 8 Nov 2019
- 6 Dec 2019
Locum Healthcare Assistant Level 2 - Secondary Care - Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre (DMRC)
Locum Healthcare Assistant Level 2 - Essential Requirements:
- Must have either a NVQ/SVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (or an equivalent Healthcare related NVQ) or the Care Certificate ( Apply. Apply/standards/ item/ 216-the-care-certificate).
- Must have in date Medical Devices, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Manual Handling Training certificates completed within the last 12 months.
Locum Healthcare Assistant Level 2 - About the Role:
- You will join and become part of a multidisciplinary team, working within well equipped medical centres, dental centres or rehabilitation units where you will be valued as part of the Defence Medical Services team
- Ability to work alongside military personnel on Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force bases to deliver an exceptional standard of care for service personnel and their families (at some locations)
- To perform and report clinical observations to include;
- peak flow
- blood pressure
- To report any changes in patient condition to the nurse in charge.
- To obtain samples as requested.
- To communicate effectively within the nursing team including the verbal and written handover of patient care.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward / department cleanliness.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward stock levels.
- To assist in the routine maintenance of clinical equipment; performing mandatory checks and reporting faults to the shift leader.
- To work in either complex trauma or neurological rehabilitation as required by service needs and directed by the clinical leads and Chain of Command.
Locum Healthcare Assistant Level 2 - About Military Medical Personnel and our Benefits:
Military Medical Personnel (MMP) is a specialist recruitment consultancy dedicated exclusively to providing locum civilian medical, dental and healthcare professionals to the Ministry of Defence. We are a contracted supplier to the MOD and have locum vacancies on military bases throughout the UK and occasionally overseas locations.
Military Medical Personnel offer an attractive package for candidates which may include the following:
- Attractive rates of pay with weekly payments and choice of payment model
- A generous "Refer a Friend" bonus scheme
- Flexibility of long and short term assignments to suit your availability
- Contribution towards your continued professional development (CPD) if applicable
- Free uniforms provided (if required)
- A disclosure check PVG membership in Scotland or Access Northern Ireland certificate is required for this post which will be paid for by us Free blood tests and fitness to work certificates (if required)
- Free mandatory training
- Weekly payments
- Assigned an experienced consultant who will support you throughout your application who will continue to look after you during your assignment
All job placements are subject to the receipt of satisfactory compliance requirements and a current DBS
We reserve the right to remove this requirement once a suitable candidates has been selected.