Sterile Services Technician
Southampton, Hampshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
Shift patterns will be on a fair rota basis between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Sunday, please only apply if you are able to commit to these shifts.
Spire Southampton provides a wide range of services including day care and inpatient and outpatient services. The main activity is elective (planned) surgery, and more complex procedures such as cardiac and spinal surgery are supported by the onsite critical care facilities.
The hospital works in partnership with local NHS acute hospital trusts, for example in recent provision of robotic surgery, and there is a large refurbished outpatient department along with extensive diagnostic imaging services.
Duties and responsibilities
The Sterile Services Department works closely with our Theatre team. Due to this you will become part of the patient's journey while they are with us at Spire and also gain an understanding of how theatres work.
There is an element of manual handling required within the role, with full training provided. Along with training in other areas such as risk and infection control.
Your duties will include the following tasks;
- Reprocessing instruments
- Sterilising instruments
- Repackaging instruments
Who we're looking for
- Desirable experience within Sterile Services or Decontamination (understanding of 13485 Medical Directive Accreditation)
- Basic computer skills, including scanning
- Good written English language
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, this will increase to 35 days as of 1 st Jan 2020
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
This job was posted to Sterile services in Southampton, Hampshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 55,000 - 60,000 Per yearFull timePermanentBristol, City of Bristol, England
Digital Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Online Consultations Bristol £55,000- £60,000 Pro Rata + Additional Benefits Mo...