NHNN Day Patients Support Volunteer (Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays)
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 7 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
Patients attending Day Care may have to wait a significant amount of time before their appointment. This volunteer role is about engaging with patients in helping reduce boredom, improve well-being and supporting their hospital stay.
This volunteer role is about interacting with patients to help reduce their boredom, reassure them, answer basic queries, and pass the time.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE
- Experience volunteering at one of the most prestigious NHS Trust in the UK
- Experience of providing crucial support and customer service to some of the most vulnerable people
- Ability to gain experience and insight into working within the healthcare sector including an excellent opportunity for those considering a career in health services or in customer service support roles.
- Volunteering with a committed, knowledgeable and caring team of staff and volunteers
- Induction and ongoing training and development
- References (on request, after 3 months/half the minimum volunteering period)
- Out of pocket expenses are covered in line with our policy (currently travel is covered to the value of £4.50 per day)
This role is only availble on Mondays, Tuesdays and Friday. Please only apply for this role if you are able to volunteer during one or more of these days.
Unfortunately, we are unable to take any students who are in final year. We ask that any students in their penultimate year start with us by the end of December. All volunteers must be aged over 18.
Applying for multiple roles?
We ask that you only apply for one role. If you are interested in multiple roles please list your preference in one application.
If you apply for multiple roles your application may simply be rejected.
University College Hospital London NHS Trust - 34 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/university-college-hospital-london-nhs-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/cf49d8bf-cbb9-4a28-9a74-c889cc70f7e9131787257806159625.png
This job was posted to Healthcare assistant in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
ROLE OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE Westmoreland Street is a separate UCH site in Marylebone that provides urology services and thoracic surg...