Specialist Paediatric Pharmacist
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 7 Nov 2019
- 6 Dec 2019
King’s College Hospital is a dynamic and innovative trust, always seeking to improve and deliver best clinical care. The Variety Childrens Hospital provides the following services; a national paediatric liver and bowel transplant centre, a national paediatric CF centre, and regional neonatal and paediatric neurosurgery centres. Within Women’s health it provides services in: obstetrics, fertility, gynaecology, urogynaecology as well as being one of a few hospitals in the country to perform fetal surgery on babies with spina bifida.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated pharmacist with a paediatric clinical pharmacy background and enthusiasm for womens and childrens health services. The successful applicant will be expected to be a team player with excellent communication skills and sufficient experience including relevant hospital pharmacy practice. The post holder will work as part of a dedicated team to deliver a high quality, cost effective clinical pharmacy service to the child and womens health divisions.
Additional key activities of the post holder will be to: ?
- Ensure a high level of clinical pharmacy input to various specialist areas including neonatal intensive care, paediatric intensive care, paediatric liver disease and maternity ?
- Participate in multidisciplinary ward rounds delivering and promoting high quality, cost-effective, patient-focused pharmaceutical care ?
- Set up, provide and develop pharmaceutical services through a prescribing role in neonates and/or paediatrics ?
- Provide answers to medication related queries from patients, carers, and other healthcare professionals ?
- Work closely with relevant specialist shared care teams at Kings and across the country ?
- Develop, implement and audit local and shared care guidelines ?
- Assist in financial reporting on drug usage, expenditure forecasting, and drug budget management ?
- Liaise with the formulary team, finance team, other hospitals and patients and their carers to ensure timely, safe, cost effective, and clinically appropriate medication supply ?
- Educate and train healthcare professionals within and outside the Trust relating to medicine use in neonates and paediatrics
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - 44 jobs https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/jobs/health/king-s-college-hospital-nhs-foundation-trust/ https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/55bf527a-856a-4276-b3de-dd8a0763f5ed131787258243659894.png
This job was posted to Pharmacist in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 45,000 - 45,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Remote Prescribing Pharmacist - Digital Healthcare UK Wide - Home Based £45,000 (full time equivalent) + Benefits Part Time ...