Lead Speech and Language Therapist (Adult)
London, Greater London, England
- £ 51383 - 51383 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 Nov 2019
- 27 Nov 2019
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
We are recruiting for a Lead Speech and Language Therapist (Adult) to work at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London, who are committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for patients. You shall be working with several multi-disciplinary teams within adult in-patients and out-patients.
- Ensure a high standard of service delivered in all areas of the Speech and Language Therapy Service for adult clients, which will include a wide variety of diagnosis in terms of patient age and condition. Inpatients are referred from the oncology, neuro, cardiac and intensive care units.
- Provide assessment and implement highly specialist SLT treatment and programmes of care, writing reports, reflecting specialist knowledge for a caseload mostly consisting of adult patients with tracheostomies and swallowing needs.
- Carry out instrumental assessments (VF/FEES) and assist in the training and supervision of other SLT staff in these assessments.
- Use a holistic, client-centred approach, gathering and synthesising information from other professionals and relatives/carers, in order to ensure that intervention packages are best suited to the patient.
- Ensure clinical effectiveness by reflecting current evidence base, national guidelines and use of outcome measures in clinical management of your caseload.
- Carry out video fluoroscopic examinations of swallow, analyse and report findings to the referred regarding implications for management and design specialised therapeutic programmes of care.
- Perform clinical risk assessment and complete risk assessment plans relevant to your caseload.
- Provide highly specialist input into policies and protocols regarding the management of patients seen by the Speech and Language Therapy Team and wider service.
- Maintain up-to-date clinical written records and collection of data in accordance with local and RCSLT professional standards.
- Speech & Language Therapy Degree
- Member of RCSLT and HCPC
- Sound and proven experience of a range of adult services including dysphagia and experience with a range of clinical groups, including critical illness, oncology and respiratory.
- Experience of working with ventilated patients and those with tracheotomy tubes.
- Independent practitioner in carrying out video fluoroscopy with patients with a range of clinical conditions
- Previous involvement in implementation/participation of the IDDSI framework.
- Experience in a range of staff management activities i.e. performance management/development and supervision.
As well as being an incredible place to work, Bupa also offers a significant range of benefits which include care certificate opportunities, clinical leadership development programmes, fees paid after 12 months service, health insurance, contributory pension scheme, free health assessment, discounted gym membership and childcare vouchers.
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 23889 - 27298 Per yearPart timePermanentWare, Hertfordshire, England
£23889 to £27298 per annum | 18.75 hours | Days Only | Great staff benefits A highly specialist care centre near Ware is currently ...
£ 30,000 - 42,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLincoln, Lincolnshire, England
Speech and Language Therapist - Adult Learning Disabilities Lincolnshire Salary: £30,000 - £42,000 (+ £5k welcome bon...