Community Health Assessor
Lossiemouth, Moray, Scotland
- £ 35000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 11 Oct 2019
- 8 Nov 2019
Location: Home-Based covering IV30,31, 32 Postcode area
Experienced Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD)
Monday to Friday, 9 to 5- No Weekends, nights or shifts. Part-Time roles also available
We are recruiting for registered Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Paramedics, Physiotherapists & Occupational Therapists who want to use their clinical skills applied in a new way and benefit from the excellent work life balance and professional development that a career as a Disability Assessor can give you. We are seeking those who have been working for 2 years' post-qualification and registration in the UK who possess a UK driving licence.
In this role you will grow your medical knowledge and work in a health and disability assessment role conducting appointments with applicants of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. There is unrivalled investment in you as an employee and you will earn over 140 hours of CPD in your initial 3 months whilst completing an excellent training academy as you work towards accreditation as a Disability Assessor. All of this goes towards the re-validation support and processes which keep our clinicians at the top of their game!
· Conducting thorough and consultative verbal assessments with people who are living with a long-term health condition and/or disability
· Once accredited, following training you will work in the community conducting home visits as well as in the local assessment centres
· Ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
· Produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual's entitlement to the benefit
We are advertising health and disability assessment jobs for the below specialities:
· NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
· HCPC Registered, Phyios, OTs, Paramedics
· Government legislation requires at least two years' post qualification work experience to be able to start in the role.
· Roles outside of London require a driving licence owing to home visits which are a requirement in all roles
· 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
· Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
· Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
· Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
· Health screening every two years, after one year's service
· Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to re-validate and maintain your professional registration
· All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
To apply or find out further information please contact Merco who are experts in clinical staffing with clients in NHS and independent sectors nationwide.
Merco have 16 years' clinical staffing experience - we only work with specialist and experienced clinicians providing work across the health and social care sector. We have excellent permanent and locum opportunities for Doctors, Nurses and AHPs.
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch by applying online
This job was posted to Occupational therapist, Paramedic, Physiotherapy in Lossiemouth, Moray, Scotland
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38760 - 38760 Per yearFull timePermanentEdinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
Physiotherapist, Functional Assessor - Health and Disability Assessments Location: Edinburgh Starting Salary: £38,760+ Comprehensiv...