Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 11 Oct 2019
- 10 Nov 2019
We are currently sourcing for a Bank Sonographer to join our Emersons Green and Devizes NHS Treatment Centres. The Radiology Department is one of the more challenging but most rewarding places to work. We firmly believe that every one of us makes a difference and the work we do directly affects the patient’s experience.
You will be expected to produce a high standard of professional ultrasonography practice at all times, maintaining a level of professional accountability in accordance with the SOR / COR statements of professional conduct, whilst undertaking all ultrasonography duties performed within the scope of practice of the appointed role.
Care UK Treatment Centres are patient focused and work closely with local CCGs and NHS Trusts to reduce waiting times. Several of our Treatment Centres are rated Outstanding by CQC. Our unfaltering dedication to quality is something we are very proud of; we constantly strive to do things better for our patients. This ethos has led to innovative, evidence based developments to our procedures and ongoing improvements to the patient experience.
Shift Pattern - Variable Hours, to cover workload, annual leave and sickness.
In return for your hard work you will receive a competitive salary of up to £45 per hour dependent on experience
• To be competent to assess, scan, diagnose and report your own ultrasound caseload maintaining accurate patient records at all times.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of safe clinical practice and the responsibilities and accountability that are associated with this role.
• To understand the importance of Health & Safety regulations; maintaining good ergonomics and posture when scanning to reduce the risks associated with repetitive strain injury (RSI).
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues and all other partners.
• An ability to cope in a fast-paced working environment whilst producing high quality images and succinct and accurate reporting of all examinations.
• To show high levels of self-motivation and be capable of using your own initiative.
To show an understanding of Clinical Governance and the importance of all aspects which contribute to a safe and high quality ultrasound service.
Skills & Experience
• Broad range of ultrasonography competencies matched to the job description.
• Experience of autonomous practice and independent reporting is essential.
• Diploma in medical ultrasound (DMU) or Post-graduate certificate or diploma
(Pg Cert / Dip)
• HCPC Registration.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by the Internal Recruiter for the role who will arrange a mutually agreeable time for you to attend for an interview. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Apply or call Apply.
Please note Care UK retain the right to remove the advert prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is appointed. Offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks. At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 35,000 - 39,000 Per yearFull timePermanentWigan, Greater Manchester, England
Clinical Nurse Manager – RGN or RMN Qualified – Adult Residential Home Acquired Brain Injury & Challenging Behaviour £38,500 pe...
£ 120000 - 120000 Per yearFull timePermanentNorwich, Norfolk, England
Consultant Addiction Psychiatrist - Substance Misuse Service - Norwich - £ [... Click Apply...] per annumWorking hours: Monday to F...
£ 44347 - 50549 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
The commitment of our 17,100 staff is key to our success. We are one of the largest local employers and we aim to develop and suppo...
£ 23.00 - 45.00 Per hourFull timeBankBarking, Greater London, England
NHS 111 Pathways Trained Nurse / Paramedic - Barking Hays Healthcare require Pathways Trained Nurses and Paramedics for the NHS 111...