Brighton, East Sussex, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 11 Oct 2019
- 10 Nov 2019
As a Receptionist / Patient Services Advisor you will be responsible for providing a high level front of house customer experience to our patients and visitors within the Practice as directed by the Deputy Service Manager and to provide a prompt, courteous, efficient and caring service to all patients, visitors, and members of the clinical team. Liaise with other members of the team to ensure that the unit delivers a first class, and seamless service to our patients.
Deputy Service Manager
• Provide an effective face to face/telephone service using verbal and written communication to liaise with patients, relatives and staff to support the delivery of an efficient patient service.
• Responsible for dealing with all queries, either via telephone or face to face promptly and efficiently to ensure that an accurate and quality information service is provided to the multidisciplinary team, patients and their relatives.
• Ensuring the appropriate person is notified of the patient’s arrival, and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
• Book and schedule patient appointments using the electronic booking system – EMISWeb
• Ensure the smooth running of the waiting area and be observant of the patients waiting in case their health deteriorates.
• Perform receptionist duties as required by the Patient services Manager and to ensure efficient systems are in place for the maintenance of all records in accordance with Statutory and Company procedures
• Ensure all forms of correspondence are processed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for completion of general admin tasks, as required, ensuring continuity of service is maintained- including photocopying, filing faxing, fault reporting.
• Support the Patient services Manager in all areas of public relations.
• Ensure the reception area is kept tidy and all areas are safe for patients.
• Order, maintain and replenish stock supplies for the practice as necessary, and ensure that the receipt of deliveries is recorded.
• To deal with sensitive information and be able to emphasise with patients, colleagues and others.
• To process repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice procedures.
• To attend and contribute to staff meetings and development meetings constructively.
• Patient engagement – proactively inform patients of benefits for signing up to the online services where patients can book appointments, order repeat prescription and view their medical record.
• To assist with QOF Management – booking patients in for their annual reviews
• To provide administrative and clerical support and other support which may be requested from time to time by the Patient services manager and other senior personnel
• To distribute letters, memorandums, reports, and general correspondence as required and to ensure efficient maintenance of all records in accordance with Statutory and Company procedures.
• To ensure a handover is given to colleagues when shift ends. Communicating via the end of day checklist with the management team
• Send Discharge summaries to GP practices where their patients have attended the walk in service. To ensure data protection policy is adhered to when sending patient identifiable information.
• To assist with the DNA Policy – tracking patients who DNA their appointments
• To support the PSAM promote ad-hoc patient campaigns
• pick up delegated tasks in the PSAM absence
• To have a flexible approach to covering colleagues shifts as and when required
• To ensure the monthly patient feedback target is met
• Any / all maintenance issues are reported to the relevant companies as soon as they arise
• This list of duties and responsibilities is by not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
Skills & Experience
• Dealing with a wide range of people in different situations.
• Working as part of a team.
• Experience of Reception/administration in a busy GP surgery
• Excellent telephone manner
Experience using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel. Outlook (emails) etc.
• Sensitivity and empathy with people from different backgrounds.
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Ability to work without close supervision.
• Able to work as part of team.
• Able to prioritise workload.
• The ability to exercise judgement when dealing with patient enquiries /problems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent Computer skills.
• GCSE or equivalent qualifications
• Relevant experience
This is a part time opportunity working 15-20 hours per week offering £8.32 per hour.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 18000 - 19000 Per yearFull timePermanentUckfield, East Sussex, England
Position: Trainee Occupational Health Administrator PositionLocation: UckfieldSalary £18,000 - £19,000 per annumJob Type: Full time...