Consultant Geriatrics Medicine in East of England
- Full time
- Job level
- 11 Oct 2019
- 8 Nov 2019
ID Medical is working with NHS trusts in East of England area to place consultant level Geriatrician roles. Successful applicants will be able to provide a holistic, compassionate, patient focussed approach while working closely with more senior doctors, GPs social workers and other carers.
- To promote multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working in the Memory Service, Community Mental Health Service, Home Treatment service and inpatient wards.
- To adopt the Care Programme Approach.
- To support and help develop the integrated care pathways.
- To work with other clinical staff in achieving high standards of assessment for all patients presenting to the service.
- To support the development of a seamless service and continuity of care which are patient-centred and respect social inclusion and cultural diversity.
- To provide clinical support/supervision to multi-disciplinary teams, including complex risk assessments.
- To undertake duties related to the Mental Health Act (1983) including provision of Section 12 and Section 145 (Approved Clinician) duties.
- To participate in assessments for NHS Continuing Care eligibility.
All applicants must have experience working in UK hospitals and must be GMC registered.
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical:
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and the major teaching and rese...