Senior Physiotherapist - in AICU
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 11 Oct 2019
- 8 Nov 2019
Senior Physiotherapist - AICU
Cromwell Hospital London
Permanent - Starting in February 2020
Competitive depending on experience
Brand new AICU unit is opening at Bupa Cromwell hospital in February 2020
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you'll be working in
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
- You will provide a client centred and evidence-based service to adult patients referred from AICU. You may be required to care for patients on other wards such as Cardiac, Oncology and the general medical wards
- Your case load will mostly consist of patients referred due to respiratory conditions or for management during their admission for thoracic abdominal and transplant surgery.
What's a typical day?
- As a highly skilled physiotherapist you will undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner. You will lead the physiotherapy provision to AICU.
- This post provides assessment, treatment and discharge planning to a caseload of adults with varied and often complex needs.
- You will be responsible for the physiotherapy service to AICU.
- You will participate in the on-call system.
Who we're looking for?
- We are looking for someone who holds a degree physiotherapy and is HPC registered and holds a CSP membership with proven experience in the field of cardio-thoracic physiotherapy.
- Someone with on call experience and sound clinical reasoning skills and experience in providing appropriate respiratory aids with good knowledge of health and safety issues in a therapy setting.
- We are looking for someone with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong organisational skills who is able to work under their own initiative and work to deadlines.
As well as being an incredible place to work, Bupa also offers a significant range of benefits which include care certificate opportunities, clinical leadership development programmes, NMC fees paid after 12 months service, health insurance, contributory pension scheme, free health assessment, discounted gym membership and childcare vouchers.
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, at
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 29609 - 33337 Per yearFull timePermanentCarshalton, Greater London, England
"At Epsom and St Helier Hospitals, above all we value respect. We put respect at the heart of all we do, by living up to our shared...
£ 36481 - 44044 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
The commitment of our 17,100 staff is key to our success. We are one of the largest local employers and we aim to develop and suppo...