Permanent Consultant Haematology in North Cumbria
- Full time
- Job level
- 10 Oct 2019
- 7 Nov 2019
ID Medical is working with NHS trusts in North Cumbria to place Permanent for Consultant haematology roles. Successful applicants will be able to provide a holistic, compassionate, patient focussed approach while working closely with more senior doctors, GPs social workers and other carers.
- Undertake such other duties as may be identified to meet the needs of the service
- Take part in a consultant rota for emergency duties currently 1:5 frequency, and to provide, on a reciprocal basis, cover for colleagues during periods of annual or study leave.
- Carry out teaching duties as required and take an active part in the Postgraduate and Undergraduate Medical Education programmes, in the teaching of junior medical staff and to be involved in the education of technical and nursing staff.
- To provide professional supervision and management of trainee medical, technical and other staff.
- To attend regularly department meetings.
- Have continuing responsibility for in- and out-patients in their care and for the proper functioning of the department.
- To participate in Mid Trent Cancer Network and multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Take part in the clinical governance programme
- Be involved in research where appropriate
- Actively participate in the management of the services of the Directorate.
All applicants must have experience working in UK hospitals and must be GMC registered.
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical:
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 75000 - 85000 Per yearFull timePermanentUlverston, Cumbria, England
Medical Director - Palliative Care South Lakes, Cumbria£75k - £85K plus benefitsRelocation Package availableAn established independ...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
With a turnover of £1.4 billion and a workforce of around 16,000, Barts Health is the largest NHS trust in the country, and one of ...