Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- £ 17000 - 19000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Oct 2019
- 7 Nov 2019
Salary: £Competitive plus benefits
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
- To assist in the preparation, dispensing and packaging of prescriptions, as well as assisting with stock control, ordering and re-stocking of the dispensary.
- To provide full dispensary services, ensuring that medicines and drugs are correctly dispensed and that all dispensary procedures, guidelines, legal and medical requirements are followed
- To deliver a first class, helpful customer service by caring for customers and showing an interest in their needs as individuals
- Ensure effective communication both internally and externally
- Operation of efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage.
- Ensuring that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers' instructions.
- Ensuring that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/logbook.
- Maintaining full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions.
- Ensure Correct Exemption status is recorded for every patient.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the dispensary.
- Ensure computerised records are maintained and updated.
- Checking with GP's or in-patient records if concerned about the appropriateness of requests for medication.
- Assisting in stock checks.
- Providing cover for annual leave/sickness.
- Dealing with problems and enquiries.
- Inputting information onto CRM system, ensuring information is updated accurately and reflected on PMR.
- Fully observe legal requirements relevant to a dispensing practice, including HA regulations and controlled drugs.
- Ensure computer and all dispensary equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the dispensary.
- Ensure the safety of all who enter the dispensary.
- To carry out any duties appropriate to Dispensing Technician level as required.
- To work flexibly within the team and to provide cover as necessary.
- To work closely with and help with the training of new/junior members of staff.
- To ensure maximum profit by ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum.
- To run audits as required.
- Ensure that all drug safety alerts and notices are acted upon.
- Cover all other job roles when required.
- Take appropriate action to minimise risks and report any near misses.
- Support and encourage employees to uphold company initiative.
- The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others' health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy.
- All such information within the company is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- NVQ 2 in dispensing
- Pharmacy dispensing experience.
- Team player.
- Positive and friendly attitude, willing to help others.
- Deal with queries in a professional, courteous and efficient way.
- Likes to work in a high energy environment.
- Accountable and dependable.
- Previous experience of working in a pharmacy
- Excellent communication skills
This job was posted to Pharmacy dispenser in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 17.00 - 17.00 Per hourFull timeTemporaryCity of London, London, Greater London, England
Mediplacements are recruiting for a Medicines Management Pharmacy Technician for a Locum role in London. *Pay £17 per hour *London*...