Paediatric Occupational Therapist - Band 7
- £ 30 - 33 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Manager, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 9 Oct 2019
- 6 Nov 2019
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Paediatric Occupational Therapist (Band 7) to work with the NHS in Surrey. This role is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £30.00 - £33.00 per hour.
As a Paediatric OT you will be part of the Paediatric Therapy team to autonomously manage a complex caseload of children with a range of varied and complex needs. This will involve specialist assessment and treatment of children with complex needs.
* To provide support and advice for the child's family and parents about all aspects of their care that relate to their therapy needs, adjusting your use of language to allow for their level of comprehension to understand. To provide and receive complex and sensitive information with regard to a child's difficulties and expectations.
* To attend meetings where requested in order to provide specialist advice about the therapy needs of the child. To arrange these meetings when appropriate.
* To be able to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity in response to parents and children.
* To work closely with parents who are themselves dealing with anger, grief and frustration as they come to terms with the impact of their child's condition.
* To provide specialist therapy reports for use within inter-agencies, e.g. educational documentation relevant to the practice setting, standards and guidelines
* Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
* Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified OT in the UK.
* Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you're not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching 'Seven Social Care' on Google, or call Apply.
This job was posted to Occupational therapist in Surrey, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 32000 - 34000 Per yearFull timePermanentOrmskirk, Lancashire, England
Health and disability assessment role - Disability Analyst in OrmskirkLocation: OrmskirkSalary: £32,000 - £34,000Experienced Nurses...