Pharmacy Technician (Aseptic Services) - London
London, Greater London, England
- £ 25549 - 31444 Per year
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 4 Oct 2019
- 1 Nov 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician (Aseptic Services) to join one of the UK's largest independently owned non-profit hospitals. The pharmacy department located in a state-of-the-art Cancer Services facility.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday). Core hours are 9am -5:30pm, however staff flexibility is required.
The Pharmacy Technician will be part of a friendly and dynamic Pharmacy team, consisting of approx. 50 members of staff. You will need to be patient-focused and proactive, and contribute towards providing a high quality pharmacy service to all our patients and staff.
About the Role:
- Participate in the safe and accurate manufacture and dispensing of cytotoxic and monoclonal preparations in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (Aseptic manipulation of chemotherapy/ASU agents).
- Interpret prescriptions, generate worksheets and assemble appropriate drugs and perform in-process checks in accordance to prescriptions.
- Contribute to quality assurance activities including environmental and facilities monitoring
- Assist in the supervision and training of junior staff, including support workers, Pharmacy Assistants and pre-registration technicians.
- Support and facilitate good medicines management practice including stock rotation, removal of excess and expired stock and responsive stock replenishment.
About the Individual:
- UK Registered Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Post qualification experience in aseptic services.
- Experience of formulation of Standard Operating Procedures, as well as stock management.
- Highly motivated and flexible individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and have good judgement to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.
This job was posted to Pharmacy technician in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
With a turnover of £1.4 billion and a workforce of around 16,000, Barts Health is the largest NHS trust in the country, and one of ...
£ 36481 - 44044 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
The commitment of our 17,100 staff is key to our success. We are one of the largest local employers and we aim to develop and suppo...