Trust Doctor in Emergency Medicine
London, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 13 Sep 2019
- 13 Oct 2019
Recent improvements has led to a stronger focus on providing Safe and Compassionate care to our patients and this has increased opportunities available to learn, develop and expand your career. We believe that providing excellent education, training and development for our staff is essential. We offer a wide range of benefits for example access to childcare vouchers, home-electronic scheme giving you discounted prices for home –electronics, salary sacrifice for cars, season ticket loans and access to staff discount for local restaurants and gyms
So while we are improving, you can too - within a professionally challenging yet exciting environment.
Emergency Medicine - Trust Registrar (ST3+)
The Emergency Department at Whipps Cross University Hospital will give the appointee the unique opportunity to gain exposure and clinical management skills in pathologies which reflect the diverse local population.
We are looking for doctors with at least 3 years clinical experience in Emergency Medicine or allied acute care jobs. Successful applicants will work as a Registrar level and must have MCEM or equivalent.
This post would suit either a UK candidate wishing to gain experience and practical skills prior to applying for a training number Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, acute medical specialty or international candidate with significant experience in Emergency Medicine wishing to consolidate their skills in a new environment.
Successful candidates will join a friendly, dynamic and supportive emergency workforce serving one of the most diverse populations in the United Kingdom.
Full time and part-time flexible post will also be considered.
- Consultant on-site presence for 14 hours a day throughout the week provides the trainee opportunities to expand and learn and diversify their clinical skills portfolio. Ultrasound and procedural sedation are widely used.
- Excellent working relations with the co-located Ambulatory Care Team
- Co-located Urgent Care Centre with streaming at the Front Door
- Dedicated weekly departmental teaching which is mapped to the Royal College of Emergency Medicine higher training curriculum.
- Clinical supervision with support to develop a portfolio.
- Study leave will be encouraged and supported. There are a number of in house courses spanning trauma training, safe sedation, medical simulation as well as the nationally recognised ATLS, ALS, and APLS courses which are run within the Trust.
- Dedicated Emergency Department Clinical Decision Units for children and adults which gives the appointee the opportunity to expand their clinical skills into care pathways which are suitable for those patients who require greater than a four hour stay in the Emergency Department.
- Regular mortality and morbidity meetings, giving the appointees the opportunity to engage in self-reflection and to disseminate learning form interesting cases. We aim to learn and support each other.
- Monthly Clinical Governance meetings.
- Audit and Quality Improvement opportunities
- Mental health in-reach services for both adults and paeds
- Pro-active Admissions Avoidance Team working closely with ED
The Care Quality Commission has recognised the significant improvements made at Whipps Cross in their latest visit to the CQC website and the 2018 Staff Survey results showed staff have seen many improvements in their working lives. With our passionate staff and commitment to safe and compassionate care, we know Whipps Cross will keep getting better and better. We’d love you to join us on our journey to good and outstanding. Come and be part of the Whipps Cross family where you can make a difference.
For further details / informal visits contact:
For more information or to organise a visit to the department please contact:
Dr Tony Sebastian on Applyext 5682
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect. We aim to create an equitable working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer
This job was posted to Doctor in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the U...
£ 79860 - 79860 Per yearPart timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
The commitment of our 17,100 staff is key to our success. We are one of the largest local employers and we aim to develop and suppo...