General Medicine/Surgical RMO
London, Greater London, England
- £ 50000 - 60000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 12 Sep 2019
- 12 Oct 2019
General Medicine/Surgical RMO
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum depending upon skills and experience
Work for the World's largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Our purpose built facility offers private healthcare specialising in men and women's health services as well as the entire spectrum of cancer care - all under one roof.
Recently reviewed as 'Outstanding' by the CQC, we offer high levels of expertise and clinical excellence, coupled with the latest state of the art technology attracting world-class Consultants and highly specialist nurses making this a great working and learning environment, for medical professionals.
We are actively seeking to recruit a specialist trained doctor to work to support both our general surgical and medical wards. The role of the Resident Medical Officer is to be responsible for the medical pre-op and post-op support to the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
* This can be a permanent vacancy or a 1 year fixed term contract, dependant upon candidate preference.
* Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota, in 24 or 12 hour shifts.
* Part-time hours are also available
* Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan worklife balance.
An attractive rewards package includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD's, MD and MScs are available.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role is to cover; General Surgical wards, Day Case surgery unit and Medical wards and will cover a range of complex case patients.
* You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered, to ensure that any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
* Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients, completing new drug charts and informing the named consultant of the patient's arrival.
* Accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
* Performing routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertion, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
* Initiate life-saving procedures as and when called for and be conversant in ALS skills, conversant with all aspects of resuscitations, intubations and defibrillation as appropriate.
* You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients
Skills & Experience:
* MBBS medical qualification
* An additional post-graduate qualification MRCP or MRCS is desirable
* Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST3 and/or above in General Surgery or Medicine
* Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
* Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
* Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative
To find out more about the role, please call us on +44(0)203 862 0349, email email@example.com or click the apply button and we'll get back to you.