Permanent Consultant Histopathology - South of England
- Full time
- Job level
- 11 Sep 2019
- 9 Oct 2019
Multi award-winning healthcare recruiter ID Medical is seeking a doctor to work in a Histopathology consultant placement at leading NHS trusts in South Of England. The working environment delivers a fast-paced, progressive and rewarding experience. The atmosphere is an open and warm outlook with aims to improve learning.
- The department is an integral part NHS Pathology Service and the Lead Trust for this service.
- The appointee will be expected to share the Histology and Cytology workload as appropriate for their speciality interests with the incumbent consultants.
- While the majority of the department's general Cellular Pathology work is performed on the site, a commitment to multi-site working is required.
- Detailed job-plans and subspecialist interests will be discussed and agreed between the existing consultants and the successful candidate on appointment.
- Medico-legal autopsies are not part of the NHS contract but it is expected that suitably qualified individuals will be invited by HM Coroner to participate equally in this area of work.
- Participation in the autopsy service would be desirable, but is not mandatory. The duties and responsibilities of this job description will be subject to an annual review of the job plan.
- It is expected that the appointee will take on the responsibility and development of speciality/ multidisciplinary team working relevant to their interest and service requirements.
- The Consultants clinical workload is biased towards their main interests but they also report general high volume work outside of their main areas of interest.
- There is no necessity to report gynaecological cytology, but this could be accommodated if the appointee desired.
- The appointee is expected to have the FRCPath in Histopathology/Cytopathology or show evidence of equivalent training and experience.
- There is no on call commitment.
All applicants must have experience working in UK hospitals and must be GMC registered.
The key benefits of working with ID Medical:
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 79860 - 107668 Per yearPart timeBankEpsom, Surrey, England
"At Epsom and St Helier Hospitals, above all we value respect. We put respect at the heart of all we do, by living up to our shared...
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
With a turnover of £1.4 billion and a workforce of around 16,000, Barts Health is the largest NHS trust in the country, and one of ...