Adult Critical Care Doctor
Londonderry, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
- £ 60000 - 73000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 11 Sep 2019
- 11 Oct 2019
Adult Critical Care
Location: North West, London
Hours: 40 hours per week
Rota: 6 -8 weeks in advance
Salary: £60,000 - £73,000 per annum depending upon skills and experience
The hospital is part of the award winning HCA Healthcare UK Group, is the largest purpose built private hospital in the UK situated in North West, London. We have Level 2 and 3 intensive care units as well as consultant intensivists and critical care nurses on-call to provide one-to-one care, 24/7.
We have an exciting opportunity for SpR Level trained doctor seeking to advance their medical career in private healthcare in a busy Adult ITU/Critical Care unit, treating a wide variety of critically ill patients.
Our unit is equipped with the latest technology and provides the highest level of dedicated, continuous and specialised care to Critical Care Level 2 and 3 patients with very complex needs.
The role of the Resident Medical Officer is to fully assisting the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
Contract can either be permanent or for 1 year fixed term contract to the choice of the applicant.
Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota.
Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan worklife balance.
Duties & Responsibilities
* The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
* This will include updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs.
* You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills & Experience
* MBBS medical qualificationAn additional post-graduate qualification equivalent to FRCA, MRCP and MRCS is preferred.
* Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
* Post holder must hold current ALS certificate.
* Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
* Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative.
* Evidence of specialist training in Intensive Care Medicine with ability to intubate and manage the airway confidently unsupervised.
Our attractive rewards packages include; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in-house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD's, MD and MScs are available.
To find out more about the role, please call us on +44(0)203 862 0349, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button and we'll get back to you.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 0 - 0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondonderry, Londonderry, Northern Ireland
Emergency Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow with CESR training Location: London SKYPE Interviews: 27th September 2019 Company descrip...